Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah some interesting speculation. I wish we knew what we could count as factual.
    Yeah same. Either way though, $1mil isn’t enough to be competitive. That’s only enough to get us through the door.

Comment

• Stick and Cold going at it is hilarious!

Comment

• Last edited by WstateU; 2 weeks ago.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Yeah same. Either way though, $1mil isn’t enough to be competitive. That’s only enough to get us through the door.
          Meh...it depends. We will see. I am still not sure about that since we truly don't know what the majority of players are getting at other schools.

Yes the very elite players will get a ton. Which we dont get those kind of players before NIL anyway. And likely wouldnt get now regardless.

I doubt 1700 portal players are getting huge bags thrown at them. Maybe the top 10-15.

Like Saal and Mills has mentioned before. I think, for WSU, NIL will be more about retention. So we don't get our best players plucked every year.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
            Stick and Cold going at it is hilarious!
            The all-knowing Stick is getting eaten alive. Humble pie does a body good.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
              Stick and Cold going at it is hilarious!
              Not sure Cold quoting a post of mine that I ignore because .. well it's Cold .. is "Stick and Cold going at it"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Meh...it depends. We will see. I am still not sure about that since we truly don't know what the majority of players are getting at other schools.

Yes the very elite players will get a ton. Which we dont get those kind of players before NIL anyway. And likely wouldnt get now regardless.

I doubt 1700 portal players are getting huge bags thrown at them. Maybe the top 10-15.

Like Saal and Mills has mentioned before. I think, for WSU, NIL will be more about retention. So we don't get our best players plucked every year.
                Bolded part ... sooo Step one is to get players worth throwing a bag at to retain lol .. we had 2 this year .. kept 1 of 2.

Comment

• Meet the man responsible for bringing disorder to college athletics ... and who could shape its future

Jeffrey Kessler is the lead attorney in what is shaping up to be the most revolutionary case in NCAA history.

Ross Dellenger
                  Ross Dellenger
                  Fri, April 19, 2024 at 9:04 AM CDT11 min read

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Did he throw a hissy fit because he is a libertarian who doesn’t blindly throw his money at everybody’s favorite fund?

He and his wife have funded millions of dollars to different important projects at Wichita and WSU. Why don’t you take a google search to educate yourself before you vomit idiocy. He is a libertarian who expects groups to prove themselves, and the fact that they are worthy of his money. You just expect him to do what You want him to do and give you money because of you.
                      I don’t expect anything from him, he is a grown ass man who is entitled to do what he wants with his own money, that doesn’t make him immune to criticism though, just because he gives the university millions in donations we have to blindly follow his will? Sounds like you’re the type to compromise integrity and morality in order to reach financial goals. I’m just not the type to kiss someone’s ass because the amount of wealth they have, but seems like you are, and that’s perfectly fine.
                      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• I
                        Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                        I don’t expect anything from him, he is a grown ass man who is entitled to do what he wants with his own money.
                        I totally agree that it is his CK’s money (not yours or anyone else’s), and he has the right to spend it any way he wants to.

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                        That doesn’t make him immune to criticism though. Sounds like you’re the type to compromise integrity and morality in order to reach financial goals. I’m just not the type to kiss someone’s ass because the amount of wealth they have, but seems like you are, and that’s perfectly fine.
                        Why are you criticizing him? Because he doesn’t fund the current NIL athlete structure, and/or Because he may not be sold on our current basketball program, Athletic Director, or coach so he doesn’t spend his money on it? Who knows what his exact reasoning is. All we know is that he used to support our basketball program (and he referred to GM as a winner and provided him extra resources such as his personal/business airplane) Now he doesn’t provide these resources.

I haven’t compromised anything and I haven’t kissed anyone’s ass. This proves that you believe that if you disagree with how Charles Koch spends his money, you will still stoop to slandering him and anyone who believes that it is his freedom and his right to spend the money he’s earned any way he chooses. You obviously don’t really believe that CK is entitled to do what he wants with his own money, and You wii criticize him if he doesn’t choose to follow your wishes.

Comment

• 1760 as of 4 pm today

Comment

• Maybe they should just have a player auction. Highest bider on each player gets him. Sure would speed up things.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              1760 as of 4 pm today
                              1760. That's like 176 teams that could form of 10 players each.

There's only about 350 teams in all of D1. So half the teams lost 10 players? And there's juco players to consider. And high school players. I can see why a lot of coaches are getting out of the biz.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

1760. That's like 176 teams that could form of 10 players each.

There's only about 350 teams in all of D1. So half the teams lost 10 players? And there's juco players to consider. And high school players. I can see why a lot of coaches are getting out of the biz.
                                Or every team lost 5 players. That’s insane.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X