Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
    Well, if Charles Koch wants to throw a hissy fit and take his ball home because of us getting rid of a physically and verbally abusive coach why don’t we snatch his damn name off the arena and give it to someone who actually has some morality. No one man is bigger than the program.
    Did he throw a hissy fit because he is a libertarian who doesn’t blindly throw his money at everybody’s favorite fund?

He and his wife have funded millions of dollars to different important projects at Wichita and WSU. Why don’t you take a google search to educate yourself before you vomit idiocy. He is a libertarian who expects groups to prove themselves, and the fact that they are worthy of his money. You just expect him to do what You want him to do and give you money because of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Did he throw a hissy fit because he is a libertarian who doesn’t blindly throw his money at everybody’s favorite fund?

He and his wife have funded millions of dollars to different important projects at Wichita and WSU. Why don’t you take a google search to educate yourself before you vomit idiocy. He is a libertarian who expects groups to prove themselves, and the fact that they are worthy of his money. You just expect him to do what You want him to do and give you money because of you.
      He isn't named shock rocks for nothin. It was earned apparently.

Comment

• The FedEx NIL news drop is going to look hilarious for Memphis when David Jones enters the portal.

Comment

• Tell me how an NIL collective is a good investment for a business….compared to having your name put on a building or facility or a scholarship. The people on this board care about basketball, but go sample 100 other citizens of the community (including those with some money and/or business owners) and ask them if they had an extra $100k lying around how they would spend it. NILs wouldn’t even make the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yup he's no Tboone Pickens. He's got bigger more important priorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Tell me how an NIL collective is a good investment for a business….compared to having your name put on a building or facility or a scholarship. The people on this board care about basketball, but go sample 100 other citizens of the community (including those with some money and/or business owners) and ask them if they had an extra $100k lying around how they would spend it. NILs wouldn’t even make the list.
              This is spot on.

Stickuphisbutt has no clue about running a business let alone what it takes to make money. Let alone donate money once it is made. Calling out the Koch’s is so idiotic when it comes to supporting WSU. Talk about who is irrelevant, please look in a mirror before casting any stones.

Comment

• There was, what I thought, a very interesting discussion about Alston award funding and NIL and Recruiting issues form the perspective and experience of Shocker softball head coach Kristi Bredbenner on her April 15th coach's radio show. Obviously, not the big money that college football and basketball coaches are having deal with but I think the essence of what she is dealing with probably applies across the board for all Shocker sports.

Here is the link to my post about where to find those comments in the replay of the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

This is spot on.

Stickuphisbutt has no clue about running a business let alone what it takes to make money. Let alone donate money once it is made. Calling out the Koch’s is so idiotic when it comes to supporting WSU. Talk about who is irrelevant, please look in a mirror before casting any stones.
                  That's cute.

Come back when you can read. Never once called out Koch himself. I called out the AD and President. Its literally their jobs to fundraise enough (with help from the coaches) to make competitive programs (both athletic and academic). They haven't made a compelling case of why they should donate. So no I don't blame the businesses, I blame us not having enough funds on the people whose job it is to raise funds. If they don't find a way to do that .. they wont have jobs for long.

Let's see if you can respond with something constructive rather than just throw stones.

To answer the question on the post you were replying to. Its marketing. That's how you sell it to businesses. "Hey, we know we can build a successful program with your help. As part of that, you will be able to leverage our key student athletes to help market XYZ" Most businesses have marketing budgets. The big companies here also are hurting for talent in Wichita. Yet again, you sell it as helping build a pipeline of talent by having attractive sports programs on campus. You sell that to prospective students, and in turn you can work with the school to get talent pipeline opportunities (interns/coops etc). There are plenty of ways to do it. Sure if you go to them and say "Hey, you want to donate 100k to buy some players?" its going to fail (not saying that is what we are doing to be clear).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not sure if the anti-Marshall comment was directed at me but that's irrelevant so not going to derail.

6 million for CKA 20+ years ago is cool .. but irrelevant

11 Million to Bardo 10 years ago .. yet again irrelevant

What was given to Marshall . also irrelevant.

All nice gifts at the time, but Businesses don't just invest then sit for 20 years. Same here. If we want to compete, the AD and the President HAVE to have getting yearly commitments from big businesses at the top of their priority list. There is no way around it now. The ones that do, will have longer tenures than the ones that don't.
                    Read your own stupid post, Mr Irrelevant.

Comment

Read your own stupid post, Mr Irrelevant.
                      Your reading comprehension is low I see. Literally calling out the president and AD in that post.

Try again

Comment

Your reading comprehension is low I see. Literally calling out the president and AD in that post.

Try again
                        Since you know so much and make it sound so easy, why don’t you put your money where your mouth is. I am not taking about your measly NIL or SASO donation. I mean some real money. Surely someone as smart (ass) as you, can surely write a big check.

How do you know who Muma and Saul have talked to? YOU DON’T. Quit making assumptions. You are so fricking off base. You have no credibility on this board. Talk is cheap.

Put up or shut up.

Comment

Since you know so much and make it sound so easy, why don’t you put your money where your mouth is. I am not taking about your measly NIL or SASO donation. I mean some real money. Surely someone as smart (ass) as you, can surely write a big check.

How do you know who Muma and Saul have talked to? YOU DON’T. Quit making assumptions. You are so fricking off base. You have no credibility on this board. Talk is cheap.

Put up or shut up.
                          Lol this is a sad response. A lot of deflecting.

Guess we should just all sit back and just say "We are doing the best we can, maybe we can drop to D3 because no one likes our program enough to donate"

Either they get the funds and we are successful, or they lose their jobs (AD at least). Doesn't really matter who they did or didn't talk to. All that matters are results

​​​​

Comment

Try again
                            Wow. You're really trying to do your best impression of me aren't you, "world traveler"... Do you have a freakin' life? Might not be the best idea to smack your fellow fanbase around at the rate it's shrinking. We are not your enemy dillweed.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

You may be right. But I have missed where everyone is being 100% transparent about how much NIL money each school has. Hard to know what is enough and what isn't.

All I see everywhere is people speculating and rumors.

Has anything been published that we know is 100% accurate? Serious question. Would love to see it for myself.
                              Nothing seriously published, but there were some interesting nuggets here:

Anyways, talking to the others here because this is getting toxic now. Can yall chill out and band together and ask Mills for me when we’re getting some good news. God I miss the transparency of the last decade and the opportunity to read Taylor’s wonderful articles. He’s such a good resource that’s underutilized at the moment (even if I he’s not supposed to reveal recruiting info, that’s fine. So do other stuff with him.)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Nothing seriously published, but there were some interesting nuggets here:

Anyways, talking to the others here because this is getting toxic now. Can yall chill out and band together and ask Mills for me when we’re getting some good news. God I miss the transparency of the last decade and the opportunity to read Taylor’s wonderful articles. He’s such a good resource that’s underutilized at the moment (even if I he’s not supposed to reveal recruiting info, that’s fine. So do other stuff with him.)
                                Yeah some interesting speculation. I wish we knew what we could count as factual.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X