Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously this includes football players

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
      Obviously this includes football players
      Yes, though Memphis is one of the few schools that likely sways toward providing more for basketball than your average school with football.

Comment

• Crazy that not one aircraft manufacturer is involved with our program.

Comment

• Most businesses around here sadly probably put their money towards Lawrence
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            Most businesses around here sadly probably put their money towards Lawrence
            You mean like Meritrust who has KU players plastered all over their advertising?

If I wasn't so locked in to them, I'd switch away. Hate seeing Dick's face every time I log into my account

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You mean like Meritrust who has KU players plastered all over their advertising?

If I wasn't so locked in to them, I'd switch away. Hate seeing Dick's face every time I log into my account
              I have no idea what that outfit does, but I would not do any business with them. Period.

Comment

• If at all possible, I refuse to do business with KU supporters.

Comment

• I'm a Wichita native. Have 2 WSU degrees. Been gone for a decade. All I hear is Wichita is dripping with money. Where is it? Do the wealthy Wichitans and business community not believe in WSU?

Personally I think Wichita wealth is overstated. How is Wichita any different than other cities? Yeah we have Koch but I see more Koch name placques in Boston and NYC than Wichita. Even if it's true about Wichita wealth it doesn't appear to be going to WSU. It's paramount that WSU leadership figures that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Fedex just pledged 5 million a year for the next 5 years to Memphis. So we probably should get used to losing all our best players to Memphis since businesses in Wichita aren't interested in NIL apparently.

EDIT: They will also apparently match 50% of any other donations on top of that. So Memphis is shooting for another 2.5 million from other sources, similarly to us, but their 2.5 million becomes a 9 million bucket a year because of Fedex.
                    Apparently the best our ADKS can do is pledge fan money.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      I'm a Wichita native. Have 2 WSU degrees. Been gone for a decade. All I hear is Wichita is dripping with money. Where is it? Do the wealthy Wichitans and business community not believe in WSU?

Personally I think Wichita wealth is overstated. How is Wichita any different than other cities? Yeah we have Koch but I see more Koch name placques in Boston and NYC than Wichita. Even if it's true about Wichita wealth it doesn't appear to be going to WSU. It's paramount that WSU leadership figures that out.
                      I have no idea how dripping it is, but a lot of them are in their 80's now. I don't know how much the younger generation has or if the wealth has been passed down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

It's bush league absent a whale leading the way with matching gifts. Seriously we're playing tiddlywinks.

Comment

Too bad we don't have Fedex. And please don't say "we have Koch".....cause I am not sure that is all that accurate anymore.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                            Most businesses around here sadly probably put their money towards Lawrence
                            Of course they do, just like the Sqawks get first coverage on local sports shows etc. When your own local media can't even favor the local team what do you expect?
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Yea, ADKS already has a pending strike 1 and 1.5 depending on if HCPM and HCBG can turn the programs around. If his strategy is 100% fan funded NIL, he's not going to last.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Too bad we don't have Fedex. And please don't say "we have Koch".....cause I am not sure that is all that accurate anymore.
                                Koch 100% has more available money than Fedex. They are also a mile from the campus. If we "don't have them anymore" that's due to lack of leadership across multiple years at the school. Its ADKS (and President Muma) responsibility to fix that. You also have all the other companies that have places on campus now. Surely they want to be able to attract talent to those new fancy partnership buildings? One way to do that is a good sports program.

Comment

Working...
                                X