Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Sweet. Seen some cool stuff they've done with other schools. Gives you something for your NIL money instead of just donating it. Will def get some Shocker gear from them. Officially licensed with the school too!
    I prefer to save some bucks and get my Wichiita State Shochers gear at 80% less cost straight from the Chinese black market. A little embarrassing around the wrong company (like pogo and JJ Clamdip), but the savings! If you squint, you can't tell!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Rogers will probably end up at Memphis.....watch
      Posted 3 weeks ago.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Posted 3 weeks ago.
        Nostradamus

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

It’s worse than pro euro basketball.
          Closer to Pro-AAU basketball.

Comment

Well, it's got all the constant transferring of players with less skill overall. So yeah, worse than pro euro basketball.
            …..who are supposed to be students as well.

Comment

• I wonder how future players will feel about current players when the current environment drives away so many fans that mid to lower level schools can't fund full scholarships, let alone NIL.

So while we can say, "don't hate the player, hate the game", it's the decisions of the players that is ruining the game. And if the system isn't fixed within five years, I think we will see program funding suffer everywhere except the P5.

Comment

• I currently live 1 hr from Tulsa University and 45 minutes from the University of Arkansas. I have been a Shocker fan since the 60s.
                My interest is definitely being diminished with all the NIL and transfers. I will continue to root for the shockers but I have decided to try the local John Brown University (NAIA) for my basketball entertainment needs. I am hoping to see kids and teams that I can get behind. I hate the 1 year players and wish HCPM would not even look at them. Not the fault of the NCAA and definitely not the fault of the shocks, but it's just too hard to watch the non P5s being abused by these new rules.
                Congress must act to establish laws concerning amateur athletics in regards to compensation and transfer policies. Scholarship, room and board + $1500 a month maximum would be reasonable. Make the schools that make huge profits invest those profits in their local communities, ( high school gyms, football fields, academic centers etc. ). Relieve the residents from fully funding those things.

Here's the kicker. As a longhorn football fan, transfer and NIL don't bother me. In fact it is a great thing for the rich and powerful schools.

But I'm not blind, It is totally unfair to the majority of schools. And I am a shocker fan first and foremost.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  I’ll just put this here. At least we’re trying.

Interesting…

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5oBxkDL...E2Z29wejZpZzhq
                  Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Nostradamus

Lol that was an easy prediction. I wish I was that good at predicting everything.....
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I prefer to save some bucks and get my Wichiita State Shochers gear at 80% less cost straight from the Chinese black market. A little embarrassing around the wrong company (like pogo and JJ Clamdip), but the savings! If you squint, you can't tell!
                      Except it says Witchita State Universety
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Congress won’t do anything until schools start closing down programs. In the meantime, attendance will continue to dwindle. Perhaps the NFL and NBA need to step up and encourage changes. The talent cannot be fully developed in college when kids are playing for 4 different schools over 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Congress won’t do anything until schools start closing down programs. In the meantime, attendance will continue to dwindle. Perhaps the NFL and NBA need to step up and encourage changes. The talent cannot be fully developed in college when kids are playing for 4 different schools over 5 years.
                          BINGO! The NCAA is always the whipping boy of anything that is wrong with college athletics but the NBA & NFL seem to always be left off the hook for getting FREE minor leagues for decades. These are billion dollar entities predominantly dependent on colleges to not only develop the player but promo them as well before they even enter the leagues. The NFL is the worse offender I mean at least the NBA has introduced the G League but it miles behind MLB and no where near as profitable for the athletes even before NIL made the money public.
                          I love college athletics but it’s a completely broken model for modern times, for better or worse. The club system with pro teams paying the athletes early in their teens is the best way for athletes to maximize performance and money but we love our traditions and will fight “kicking and screening” to keep it them regardless of all evidence pointing to a complete change.
                          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• In person attendance may well suffer, especially as ticket prices climb. But for the P5 isn't the real money maker the TV contracts? And so long as they have TV eyeballs, in person attendance may not matter as much. But here is another thing I wonder - how many of those TV eyeballs are driven by gambling interest? That genie is out of the bottle, but I do wonder what TV ratings might be like if watching because you are interested in how your bets turn out wasn't a factor.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

"Educationally based" athletics......................................... ......................but make no mistake... the genie isn't going back in the bottle. D1 programs/fans waiting for a return of the good ole' days are kidding themselves. The longer it takes fans/coaches/administrations to accept it and become innovative and proactive, the farther those programs will fall.
                              I totally agree. The genie isn't going back into the bottle, and I'm no longer hoping for that. I pay attention to the Shockers as a college team more than any other team (but how much longer are they going to have them on ESPN+?).

However, it is now Minor League Athletics, and not school athletics, and I have no more incentive to attend games than I do the Wichita Wind Surge. I watch the USFL more than I do teams outside of WSU in college athletics. In 20-30 years, because of a lack of money, there could well be no more, or even less emphasis Shocker Track and Field, etc. I just have a feeling that in 30 years, the athletic business model will totally change, and the NCAA basketball tournament which was a "huge success" will become a "past" huge success (it will become no more than the NBA playoffs which are successful but the NCAA Tourn. has always dwarfed the NBA playoffs). People will begin to watch more gambling and video gaming on television (man is that exciting) than before and will totally alter their viewing priorities.

Colleges and Universities will become places where education and economic stimulus is the total priority again. I think that WSU (because of economic stimulus) will continue to be fine as will most Community Colleges. However, I can see change in the state college learning system delivery. While they are changing, they should maybe move high school athletics out of our schools and move them into a different model. That too would save a lot of money. But changes are coming imo.

Luckily, the NFL now goes from August to February (actually year round now), and MLB begins in April.
                              Last edited by Shockm; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I totally agree. The genie isn't going back into the bottle, and I'm no longer hoping for that. I pay attention to the Shockers as a college team more than any other team (but how much longer are they going to have them on ESPN+?).

However, it is now Minor League Athletics, and not school athletics, and I have no more incentive to attend games than I do the Wichita Wind Surge. I watch the USFL more than I do teams outside of WSU in college athletics. In 20-30 years, because of a lack of money, there could well be no more, or even less emphasis Shocker Track and Field, etc. I just have a feeling that in 30 years, the athletic business model will totally change, and the NCAA basketball tournament which was a "huge success" will become a "past" huge success (it will become no more than the NBA playoffs which are successful but the NCAA Tourn. has always dwarfed the NBA playoffs). People will begin to watch more gambling and video gaming on television (man is that exciting) than before and will totally alter their viewing priorities.

Luckily, the NFL now goes from August to February (actually year round now), and MLB begins in April.
                                Jesus, I wish you were wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X