Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Are we talking about the kid from Longwood?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      He lost his 3 top scorers. WTH is wrong with kids? That's a good team and a good coach!

The transfer portal has turned college ball into pro euro basketball, and that SUCKS.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Not sure why everyone is acting surprised all these kids are transferring and wondering why. Blame the system not the kids. Sanctimonious viewpoints are not based on today's reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Not sure why everyone is acting surprised all these kids are transferring and wondering why. Blame the system not the kids. Sanctimonious viewpoints are not based on today's reality.
          100%, if the system is in place and allows these kids to maximize the earning potential they can receive, why shouldn't they? Only one team wins a title each year - if you're going somewhere for a chance to win, that's going to be a low percentage proposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

100%, if the system is in place and allows these kids to maximize the earning potential they can receive, why shouldn't they? Only one team wins a title each year - if you're going somewhere for a chance to win, that's going to be a low percentage proposition.
            This system used to be educationally based, and it’s now becoming professionally and television viewing based. There are 200,000 Div. 1 athletes. How many of these athletes/schools that are not in a P 5 school will continue to carry swimming, diving, wrestling, gymnastics, soccer, Track and Field, etc. How about girls sports? Will these athletes all continue to compete in this era of professional college sports. I think that there will be harm done to all of these other athletes and minor sports, including the minor sports at schools like Wichita State, and those athletes will continue to wither away, as television monies dry up. I’m no longer watching basketball or football like I used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This system used to be educationally based, and it’s now becoming professionally and television viewing based. There are 200,000 Div. 1 athletes. How many of these athletes/schools that are not in a P 5 school will continue to carry swimming, diving, wrestling, gymnastics, soccer, Track and Field, etc. How about girls sports? Will these athletes all continue to compete in this era of professional college sports. I think that there will be harm done to all of these other athletes and minor sports, including the minor sports at schools like Wichita State, and those athletes will continue to wither away, as television monies dry up. I’m no longer watching basketball or football like I used to.
              "Educationally based" athletics are now D2/D3/NAIA. There needs to be some guardrails put up, and I suspect to some degree we'll see that over the next few years, but make no mistake... the genie isn't going back in the bottle. D1 programs/fans waiting for a return of the good ole' days are kidding themselves. The longer it takes fans/coaches/administrations to accept it and become innovative and proactive, the farther those programs will fall.

Comment

• Sorry to post this ******* $hit…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Sorry to post this ******* $hit…

From what I understand, there is a lot of reneging going on in regards to nil deals. They may be waiting a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

From what I understand, there is a lot of reneging going on in regards to nil deals. They may be waiting a while.
                    No doubt, final checks come on senior night. Make them backloaded.

Comment

• There's going to be more than a few unhappy campers as rosters start to fill and their old team has moved on and filled their spot.

Some will end up going from a starter last year to a 2nd or 3rd backup or having to go to a team lower than the one they left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He lost his 3 top scorers. WTH is wrong with kids? That's a good team and a good coach!

The transfer portal has turned college ball into pro euro basketball, and that SUCKS.
                        It’s worse than pro euro basketball.

Comment

• I don’t know how someone can be a fan or follow it. It’s now minor league ball and everyone is a free agent every year and probably in negotiations for the following season before current one is over.

Comment

• I’ll just put this here. At least we’re trying.

Interesting…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              I’ll just put this here. At least we’re trying.

Interesting…

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5oBxkDL...E2Z29wejZpZzhq
                              Sweet. Seen some cool stuff they've done with other schools. Gives you something for your NIL money instead of just donating it. Will def get some Shocker gear from them. Officially licensed with the school too!
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

It’s worse than pro euro basketball.
                                Well, it's got all the constant transferring of players with less skill overall. So yeah, worse than pro euro basketball.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X