Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed View Post

How about we initiate that line and win it. We run, we hide, we keep losing.
    I'm not sure how Hardaway keeps underachieving. But you need to look at those that chtose to go that way. Maybe it's addition by subtraction.
    Memphis, as a town has some problems. Don't join them, beat them.
    I just though of a better summary by a wise and productive man and wish to offer his advice. It goes something like " wolves need not worry about the opinions of sheep". So I ask do we wish to be the sheep or the wolf?
    Phi Alpha

Comment

• Trash lol. I hate Memphis more than KU, and we better stuff them so hard next year.

Comment

• Well, if nothing else, we know how to defend Colby. Cover him beyond the line. If he drives, watch him **** up. Also be prepared for when he loses the ball all on his own once or twice a game.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          Well, if nothing else, we know how to defend Colby. Cover him beyond the line. If he drives, watch him **** up. Also be prepared for when he loses the ball all on his own once or twice a game.
          He will know how to stroke it well in cka. Memphis always does seem to. The bag must’ve been too tempting to go to a non-tourney team. His talent will be wasted.

dunno, I just lost a ton of respect for him with this move.

Comment

• He had calls with KU, Bama, and Michigan set up for this week and cancelled them to go to Memphis. He gave up playing in the B12 for one of the best coaches in the country (we can hate KU, but cant deny Self is a good coach), playing in the SEC for a final four team that is bringing back most the team, and playing in the B10 for a rising star coach, to end his career in the AAC tournament????

Clearly just an NIL move.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              So he schedules Zoom meetings with NCAA Tournament programs, then cancels them to choose Memphis? He obviously doesn't care much about playing in the tournament. Just chasing the $$$.
              He'd also be relegated to being nothing more than a spot up shooter for those tournament teams. Penny has no real structure so he'll still be free to do what he wants for the most part.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                Well, if nothing else, we know how to defend Colby. Cover him beyond the line. If he drives, watch him **** up. Also be prepared for when he loses the ball all on his own once or twice a game.
                Look, he's been to 4 schools in 5 years.
                Pretty much tells you all you need to know about him. Besides, he is taking his Dad with him to Memphis and 0.1 can have fun dealing with him too.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Once upon a time in an enchanted land called Memphis, $$$$. The end.

Comment

• I can't honestly say what I would do.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about him. Besides, he is taking his Dad with him to Memphis and 0.1 can have fun dealing with him too.

That is all.
                      When did Penny become Dime? I know, Bidenflation.

Although he no doubt would go by 10 cent.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

That is all.
                        His Dad seemed pretty jaded on FB

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

His Dad seemed pretty jaded on FB
                          I’ve seen a lot of people say this. Have never seen it myself, but have never really looked. Can someone synopsize what his dad said and what his beef was last year?

Comment

• There are lots of people to blame for where college athletics is today, but I don't think (at least not in my mind) that you can blame kids for the chance at what could be generational wealth. I don't have ANY idea how wealthy his family is, but Colby is unlikely to find pro basketball a cash cow for his skills. Overseas, in tough places to live with minimal living conditions making $150k is probably his ceiling. If he can get, idk, $300-400K for his last season in college....who among us would turn that down?

This is to say nothing of how he will spend it. He seems like a sharp young man and there's no reason to think he won't sock away most if not all for retirement or a business opportunity sometime down the road.

It's just silly to blame the kids in my mind. I'd have taken the bag in exactly ZERO seconds. And I suspect if you're being intellectually honest, you would too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              There are lots of people to blame for where college athletics is today, but I don't think (at least not in my mind) that you can blame kids for the chance at what could be generational wealth. I don't have ANY idea how wealthy his family is, but Colby is unlikely to find pro basketball a cash cow for his skills. Overseas, in tough places to live with minimal living conditions making $150k is probably his ceiling. If he can get, idk, $300-400K for his last season in college....who among us would turn that down?

This is to say nothing of how he will spend it. He seems like a sharp young man and there's no reason to think he won't sock away most if not all for retirement or a business opportunity sometime down the road.

It's just silly to blame the kids in my mind. I'd have taken the bag in exactly ZERO seconds. And I suspect if you're being intellectually honest, you would too.
                              All valid, but as a fan, I'm pissed as hell. The constant roster turnover is part of what's destroying college athletics. Part of being a fan is getting to know the players and watch them develop. Now, it's just glorified semi-pro basketball imo.

Comment

• I have no issues with Colby-Rogers-Jones going to Memphis. The "fault" (if there's blame to be laid) is on Penny and "the system." At that young age, who wouldn't be tempted by the dollar?

I can't help but wonder what other players on Memphis think of this. I mean, say player #1 is getting $25k per year (and I have no idea what the numbers might be). Player #2 shows up and possibly gets more than $25k? So would Player #1 immediately want a bump in pay or does he threaten to transfer again. I can picture Player #1 transferring back to the original school or to a completely different school. Just awkward.

I think if you do this, the only real way to keep everybody happy and playing as a team is to just offer a base amount to every player on the team. As soon as you single out one player, you run the risk of alienating teammates.

Comment

Working...
                                X