Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis must have one hell of a strip club they take these kids to.

The first 3 to 4 years of Penny's tenure... sure. I get it.

But now? How can anyone want to go there? Legit teams were supposedly after him, and he chooses Memphis? The team that's been absolutely wasting talent for the last 7 years?
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I would NEVER do a handshake line with any team again, especially a conference team and especially Memphis.

No more free chances to recruit players away while they are wearing another uniform still.
      The Assman

Comment

• I know it’s the Wild West now, but inter conference transfers needs to stop or be limited to number of scholarships.

Certian schools shouldn’t just be able to sit back, relax, and wait for other schools in their conference to find/develop talent and be able to recruit them away so easily with false promises and an easy pay day.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          I would NEVER do a handshake line with any team again, especially a conference team and especially Memphis.

No more free chances to recruit players away while they are wearing another uniform still.
          Eh. I get what you are saying, but there are more discreet ways to tamper than that. You can drop DMs on social media. You can send messages through high school/AAU coaches.

If you want to cheat bad enough, you’ll find a way.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Eh. I get what you are saying, but there are more discreet ways to tamper than that. You can drop DMs on social media. You can send messages through high school/AAU coaches.

If you want to cheat bad enough, you’ll find a way.
            I agree, but it’s more a matter of principle to me know.

No reason for a gentlemanly gesture in a world where there are none.
            The Assman

Comment

• So he schedules Zoom meetings with NCAA Tournament programs, then cancels them to choose Memphis? He obviously doesn't care much about playing in the tournament. Just chasing the $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                So he schedules Zoom meetings with NCAA Tournament programs, then cancels them to choose Memphis? He obviously doesn't care much about playing in the tournament. Just chasing the $$$.
                Yeah, not impressed. Says a lot about Colby Jones.

He is perfect for Memphis. And they still won't make the tourney next year.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  So he schedules Zoom meetings with NCAA Tournament programs, then cancels them to choose Memphis? He obviously doesn't care much about playing in the tournament. Just chasing the $$$.
                  Assume he received a "No thanks" from each of the three zoom calls. Penny was 4th choice.

Dead. To. Me.

Comment

I would NEVER do a handshake line with any team again, especially a conference team and especially Memphis.

HCPM just needs to tell Penny "don't". That's will stop the shenanigans I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

HCPM just needs to tell Penny "don't". That's will stop the shenanigans I'm sure.
                      Lol…I see what you did there. Nice.

Comment

• Penny said he was recruiting with for D for this coming Season after the Shocks put them out of commission. Really?

This I do know. If we sign either McBride or Hill, the Shockers will be setting much better and deeper easily than last Season in the Guard Dept. IMO.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          Are. You. ****ing. Kidding. Me???

I said to my husband, “ I didn’t even know that Colby Rogers has a criminal record.”

Comment

• Isn’t Penny’s own kid in the portal? If he can’t keep his son happy, what can a non-relative have to look forward to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I said to my husband, “ I didn’t even know that Colby Rogers has a criminal record.”
                              He doesnt......yet..... lol
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

How about we initiate that line and win it. We run, we hide, we keep losing.
                                I'm not sure how Hardaway keeps underachieving. But you need to look at those that chtose to go that way. Maybe it's addition by subtraction.
                                Memphis, as a town has some problems. Don't join them, beat them.
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X