Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Feels like our most realistic "home run" candidate.

Averaged 20ppg, ~2 ish to 1 Assist to TO ratio, 39% from 3, 89% FT

Already familiar with Mills and his system

Even looking at singular games against good competition, he had some good ones

27pt, 7 asst, 1 TO vs Texas AM
    25pt vs K-state
    14 vs oklahoma state
    22 vs Tulsa

Fits our biggest need with a player that hopefully can walk right into the system. Only real downside I see is hes a 1 year player and adds to that heavy senior class, but pros outweigh the cons with him IMO

Was about to post the same. He would be a very good get IMHO. Especially a team that needs better A/TO ratio.

Not sure we could expect to pull much better right now for that position.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• McBride probably knows that with Colby leaving he will be the go to guy if he were to join the Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Plain cookies or did Mills splurge for the WSU themed icing? It could be the difference maker.
        I heard the same as stick. Fancy ones out of the budget. But to offset the lack of fancy frosting, he had this girl deliver them
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I heard the same as stick. Fancy ones out of the budget. But to offset the lack of fancy frosting, he had this girl deliver them
          Cookies or melons?
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Cookies or melons?
            Cookies, but we coulda had Pitino
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm sure he was 7 ft, 240 lb. With 8ft wing span and strong body. About 18-20 yo. Throwing wadded up paper cups in the trash can about 30ft away.
              We need something to gossip about....
              He would have recognized Ballard, silly.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                Sorry if I’m dense. But how good of a get would Isaac McBride be?
                Worth four big cookies.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "He finished with 97 assists and just 53 turnovers for a minuscule 10.7% turnover rate, an impressive mark for someone who had the ball in their hands as much as him. For reference, WSU’s three leaders in assists all had turnover rates north of 20%."

Comment

• McBride has the potential to make us forget all about Colby Jones

Comment

That'll work.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Last year I remember someone on the ORU board saying that if McBride hit the portal he would be a bigger prize than Abmas.

Comment

• Imagine if we had both McBride and Colby. Just saying, that’d be incredible, although it’s extremely unlikely at this point.

Comment

• Signing McBride would be an example of "Solve this year's problems this year. Solve next year's problems next year".
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• With Abmas and McBride both playing for PM, it shows that PM has shown some ability to either recruit talent or develop talent at the point. That along with Acys development of QB, should be positive news that could be used as selling points to recruits.

Comment

• I often wonder if the folks on this fine fan forum recognize that going after NIL-motivated players means that most likely they are here for a year and then move on to the next payday. There are a lot of complaints about lack of loyalty within the current NIL environment and, while I understand the dynamics of NIL these days in the NCAA (and am contributing in a very small way), I’m not necessarily about throwing money at someone who is gone in a year. Besides, I think HCPM can find athletes who can contribute and who are looking for minutes and development and are willing to stick around but aren’t going to require much in the way of NIL dollars. But to date, there hasn’t been a lot of commitments and I think these kids today are just missing out on opportunity because history has shown that those who enter the portal do so at the risk of a free education. But what do I know, I’m old.

Comment

Working...
                                X