A New Type of NIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

$2.5 Million is needed, is that total or per year? We're at $500k this year, that's a long way from $2.5M.
    500k is what is projected to be the average spent on men's basketball in the AAC:
    According to Opendorse, the projected average for men’s basketball distribution in the AAC will be $500,000 this season
    2.5 mil is the estimated amount we would need to be top 1/3 in the conference across multiple sports (basketball alone wouldn't get all of that. Obviously likely the biggest chunk, but it would be shared.)

By Saal’s calculations, $2.5 million is the total number WSU’s collective needs to reach in order for men’s basketball, baseball, volleyball, women’s basketball and softball to rank in the top-third of the American Athletic Conference in their respective sports
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
      Some reading material from Taylor on Armchair's efforts:
      https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...al/ar-AA1qnKN3
      Talk about incompetence and no leadership (and I'm not talking about Weber or Lee)...it took our billboard to remove the baffoon in charge and then we sit on our hands putting part time individuals in charge of NIL. Again, that is not an indictment on Weber and Lee since nobody else stepped up but that is exhibit A of a complete void in leadership.

Comment

• Last edited by WstateU; 4 days ago.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lately (last 6 months or more), I've been able to see all of your Instagram posts. Not this one.

Comment

• 2.5 Million.

5 Title type corporations at 100K

25 corporations at 10K

2.2K seed sowers at $500

5 basketball donors 50K

2 each WBB, SB, BSB, VB 50K

I suppose this is doable. Difficult, and probably not sustainable long term without a lot of winning, but doable. Obviously, some large corporate deal or donor changes the metrics quickly. I don't see the 5K seed sowers doable, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

• NM

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    NICE

Comment

• The University of Tennessee has initiated a "Talent Fee" For football tickets this year. Student tickets that were $10 have risen to $20 this year and are slated to go to $25 next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        The University of Tennessee has initiated a "Talent Fee" For football tickets this year. Student tickets that were $10 have risen to $20 this year and are slated to go to $25 next year.
                        WSU could add a $5 fee to tickets and if they can pack the place fairly well could add close to $1M doing the same thing. Do the same for baseball, volleyball, women's basketball, and softball and you definitely hit at least the $1M mark. Again, that's dependent on basketball selling close to 10K every home game which hasn't happened in a while.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

WSU could add a $5 fee to tickets and if they can pack the place fairly well could add close to $1M doing the same thing. Do the same for baseball, volleyball, women's basketball, and softball and you definitely hit at least the $1M mark. Again, that's dependent on basketball selling close to 10K every home game which hasn't happened in a while.
                          That would require a season ticket price increase of $90 per. That would go over like a lead balloon, considering that it has been a challenging sale anyway as of late.
                          78-65

Comment

• "If we can get 10,000 households across the state of Arkansas to give $100 a month all year long, we would be in the NIL game from a football perspective."

'If we can get 10,000 households across the state of Arkansas to give $100 a month all year long we would be in the NIL game from a football perspective'

Take away the affluent NW area I'd venture there's areas without plumbing.

Comment

• I really do hate to interpret all this through a negative lens, but my gut feeling is, we're done being able to compete on a national level.

I always felt like the less power the NCAA had to make and enforce rules that attempted to create a mostly level playing field, the more it would hurt WSU.

Comment

• After a good play pop this up on the video board: "Text $hock$ to 12345 to contribute $5 to the NIL fund!" Have a cha-ching or "I'm in the money!" sound play on the PA every time a donation is made.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X