WICHITA STATE (11-17, 3-12), At (UAB 18-9, 10-4) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I'm trying to decide if I think this year "starts the clock" or not. I think that because of how bad this year is, next year he needs 20+ wins to make me feel good going into year three.
    He's going to have to have massive wins in the portal to make this a 20 win team.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think the clock clearly started this year. He will get at least 3 years. But the test this year wasn't so much wins and losses but it was can you take a bunch of retreads and put a product on the floor that that would play in a manner that fans could get behind. At Wichita State that would include team play, tenacity, toughness, and effort with a modest dose of smarts. I an not sure this team exhibits any of those characteristics. So even before you count up the wins and losses this team is in the hole. I suppose fans would get behind a team that lacks in these areas if they won big, but I just can't imagine a Shocker team with none of these traits being able to win big.

Unfortunately, this also greatly tempers my outlook on the chances HCPM will get things turned around. That said I hope he proves my lack of enthusiasm is misplaced.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2024, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• With one of the weakest AAC schedules next year I believe 20 W's overall and a top four finish is a proper measuring stick for success

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          With one of the weakest AAC schedules next year I believe 20 W's overall and a top four finish is a proper measuring stick for success
          With the way things look right now, I'm not sure the weaker AAC schedule leads to 8 more wins.

The only wins that matter are those in the portal over the next month+.

And I care less about wins on the court right now than I do about seeing a team next year that shows me they're actually worth watching. A team that will play smarter (low bar) than this years team. A team that will get after it defensively (not likely based on PMs past). A team that will play as a team and not rely on so much one on one (Also not likely based on what we know of Mills system).

I'm not expecting big things. Maybe I should just hope they're smarter.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

With one of the weakest AAC schedules next year I believe 20 W's overall and a top four finish is a proper measuring stick for success
            I agree. We're sitting on 12 wins for this dogshit year, and we may wind up with maybe 13 or 14. If we can't hit 20 next year, I think I'll go to a sporting goods store and size my mouth for a nice pistol.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I can't really say exactly how many wins I would consider successful for next year until I see the schedule. If we have 3-4 non D1 games and a bunch of 300+ buy games the number will be much higher. I think over .500 in conference is my main goal for showing progress

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Is there Magic Hot Spray?
                When the stubby British hoss with watermelon quads spits on you, you got hot sprayed.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We can get to 20 if we play Emporia 4 or 5 times. Top 4 in the conference is a pretty high bar.

Comment

Working...
                  X