No announcement yet.

2024 American Men's Basketball Championship Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, the AAC has potential to get better. You see the schools making the effort. Unless we can do the BE (we can’t) I vote stay put.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Besides, at the A10 final they just accidentally dropped the Duquene streamers from the rafters with 18 minutes to play.
      Bad omen. Over the next 8 minutes I don't think Duquesne has made a single basket. They were up by 15 at the time. But VCU has only managed to cut the lead to 8.

Comment

• This would’ve been a great and sensible conversation to have about 5 years ago.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We need out of the conference. The conference has no respect nationally. It's been a joke the last couple days because of the abysmal tournament fan participation. The teams in the conference schedule horribly outside of Memphis, WSU, and FAU. Memphis and WSU might be the only two schools in the conference that aren't transition jobs for head coaches.

Outside of Memphis, what top recruit wants to play in the American? What young, good coaches want to build, and stay, at a program in a conference that is on life support?

I don't care what condition the program is in, what the move would mean for other sports (that all rely on the basketball program). This conference isn't going to get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
            Gottlieb thinks WSU needs to escape the American
            https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/sta...Mu3K6PNkQ&s=19
            Why would we listen to Goatlube? He is a dumb a$$. The AAC is a solid top 10 conference and I don’t think we would make more money in the MWC. Big East isn’t happening. We don’t fit their profile.

Comment

• Personally, I think WSU is in a good position currently. I’ve brought up the hypothetical move to a basketball-focused league on this board before, and some great points were made as to why the AAC makes the most sense right now considering the information made-known to us. Could the A10 be a good move? I mean, sure, it could. Especially if they promised WSU something the AAC currently is not. Perhaps that’s a stronger share of revenue shares from their media deal in comparison to the AAC. There are intangibles that could be promising from a leadership perspective as well to making such a move. The AAC, along with most every other conference, cares about football first. Football drives the clicks, ticket sales, and sponsorships. It gets donors through the door and has them sticking around for basketball as an ancillary product to their primary market (football). I think saying “well, the A10 isn’t as good in basketball, so we shouldn’t even consider it” is a blanket statement that doesn’t take into consideration that we as fans are limited into knowing that impacts both the athletic department and university as a whole by making such a big decision as switching a conference. Obviously the Big East would be the best move, but maybe it’s a move to the A10, and then the Big East.
              tl;dr Best move on paper = Stay in AAC or move to Big East. There might be some benefit to the A10 that ADKS and/or the university sees as advantageous long-term. Moving back to the Valley though, personally, makes no sense. It’s not a basketball focused league, and it would make the university and athletic department look indecisive.
              Last edited by ventichai; March 17, 2024, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ventichai View Post
                Personally, I think WSU is in a good position currently. I’ve brought up the hypothetical move to a basketball-focused league on this board before, and some great points were made as to why the AAC makes the most sense right now considering the information made-known to us. Could the A10 be a good move? I mean, sure, it could. Especially if they promised WSU something the AAC currently is not. Perhaps that’s a stronger share of revenue shares from their media deal in comparison to the AAC. There are intangibles that could be promising from a leadership perspective as well to making such a move. The AAC, along with most every other conference, cares about football first. Football drives the clicks, ticket sales, and sponsorships. It gets donors through the door and has them sticking around for basketball as an ancillary product to their primary market (football). I think saying “well, the A10 isn’t as good in basketball, so we shouldn’t even consider it” is a blanket statement that doesn’t take into consideration that we as fans are limited into knowing that impacts both the athletic department and university as a whole by making such a big decision as switching a conference. Obviously the Big East would be the best move, but maybe it’s a move to the A10, and then the Big East.
                tl;dr Best move on paper = Stay in AAC or move to Big East. There might be some benefit to the A10 that ADKS and/or the university sees as advantageous long-term. Moving back to the Valley though, personally, makes no sense. It’s not a basketball focused league, and it would make the university and athletic department look indecisive.
                Indecisive???? The AAC is what is "indecisive"! We came here because of Houston's basketball, Cincinnati's basketball, SMU's basketball, Memphis' basketball, and maybe Tulsa in general. Certainly not FAU, Rice, UTSA. This conference is not close to what it first was. It's barely a top 10. It finished behind the MVC this year!!!

I do think, however, I would not make any move at this time until more dust settles. MWC is also going through this. Might be good if the AAC could get CSU, Air Force, or even Utah St.

Comment

• 2024 AAC Tournament Champions
                  Congratulations to UAB
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Let's get back to being conference contenders, then see what the AAC looks like. Until then, no movement makes sense.
                    There is a lot of potential for growth in the AAC. No reason it can't replicate the MBB success found by the MWC if its member schools continue to invest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      Only options would be MWC or A10…and I’m not sure that’s an upgrade.
                      MWC would have been a monumental upgrade this year. They are projected to get 6 teams in the dance!

Comment

• What crocodile tears Billy and company had when 4 (count them and weep) yes 4 Valley teams made the Dance?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                        X