TULSA (13-12, 4-9) at (WSU 10-16, 2-11) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What were the quality of shot for those 7 attempts? He made more shots last night because Tulsa has zero interior defense. The gripe with him is he’d rather drive into 3 guys in the lane, throw up a horrible shot that sometimes goes in, while ignoring 2 wide open guys waiting for the ball. And he’ll do it 3 possessions in a row. There will be literally 100 seconds of consecutive offense where the ball doesn’t leave Bell’s hands. It’s horrible offense and boring to watch. Excusing his turnovers because he’s not a PG is pretty lame. He makes poor decisions. Drexel was definitely his ceiling. I’m glad he’s a hometown kid but there’s lots of great hometown kids playing ball. That doesn’t mean they’re WSU-level material.
    I mean Drexel is 40 spots higher in kenpom than us
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Bell probably gets more criticism because he's the "leader" of the team and there's concern that he could be back next year doing the same thing. Beverly is a far worse player, IMO, but he is much easier to recruit over and replace.
      Your whole statement, IMO, is a Head Coaching problem. Whether it's how a player repeatedly executes his own play on the floor or how the team/player continually executes the Coach's plays. I'm also not convinced that he is the "leader" of the team, especially last night, when he was the last of the 8 regulars to take the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        They both just need to realize that when they get doubled as they often do that there is an open teammate somewhere. Pass the darn ball.
        Either the coach hasn't told them that, or the coach has told them and they don't listen and the coach does nothing about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post

I mean Drexel is 40 spots higher in kenpom than us
          Too soon.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Either the coach hasn't told them that, or the coach has told them and they don't listen and the coach does nothing about that.
            Or the coach has no better options

Comment

• I think a lot of the frustrations with Bell, Rogers and Beverly would be remedied with a true PG who was also a vocal leader, like a Malcolm Armstead. He wouldn't tolerate them forcing things while he's on the court

Comment

Working...
              X