TULSA (13-12, 4-9) at (WSU 10-16, 2-11) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Bell is a JUCO level guard that somehow landed back here (thanks IB). And it really pisses me off that Mills just stands there in his poop squatting stance just watching it happen over and over again. I'd rather have Joy in there than Bell.
    Where's your ire towards Beverly? He's so much worse. 4-12 and 5 turnovers compared to Bells 4-7 and 3. On the season as well. Beverly averages less points, less shooting percentage and more turnovers than Bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Where's your ire towards Beverly? He's so much worse. 4-12 and 5 turnovers compared to Bells 4-7 and 3. On the season as well. Beverly averages less points, less shooting percentage and more turnovers than Bell.
      Ah, but he looks good doing it.

Comment

• Cortes taking out the Aztecs…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• He is a penny stock that gets a small bump once in awhile. He has some value as a back up but surely PM can recruit over him as a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I shouldn't recognize the same "students" from 2018 as a TV viewer
            You are forgetting they all got a Covid year.

Comment

• 1. Nice win.
              2. Germany would start for them.
              3. Lots of points in the paint, w/o Bell.
              4. Thought Cortes the Killer has more assists.
              5. Perry Clark is the worst, the absolute worst.
              6. KP pulled his head out of his azz, that's good.
              7. Tulsa is a baaaad basketball team.
              8. Perry Clark is the worst, the absolute worst.
              9. MK back, good for him.
              10. How many butts in the seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

“Only since 2018? That’s amateur hour. We stuck around even longer after our welcome had been worn out.”

- Sunglasses/beard/beanie/yellow button down guy
                - McDaniel shooting shirt guy
                - McDaniel shooting shirt guy’s buddy who wears a jersey
                - Girl with a baby
                - overweight middle-aged woman

This was all in 2010-2011ish. It was embarrassing.
                2018? I would say more like 2012
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• If Cortes can play like he did last night, minus a turnover or two, he could be serviceable-to-good eventually. He didn't try to make to home-run play every time down the court. I thought he was playing pretty decent defense.

Colby Rogers becoming a playmaker who is also a huge scoring threat would do so much for our offense. The inside passes to KP last night were nice and something we don't see from him often.

It's Tulsa, but a win is a win. I think that Tulsa could be pretty good in a couple years if they keep their young core and get a solid big. I would for sure take Haggerty.

Comment

• 13 threes is a good number for this team. We tend to get into trouble when that number creeps toward 20 or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      He is a penny stock that gets a small bump once in awhile. He has some value as a back up but surely PM can recruit over him as a starter.
                      I dumped my stock several weeks ago; still likely a wise choice…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Beating up on Tulsa could be fools gold. We'll see if the Shox revert back tot heir old ways on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Bell is a JUCO level guard that somehow landed back here (thanks IB). And it really pisses me off that Mills just stands there in his poop squatting stance just watching it happen over and over again. I'd rather have Joy in there than Bell.

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Bell plays like he’s wearing blinders. It’s crazy how little vision he has.
                          I just don't get the hate on Bell. He came back here to play for his hometown team, knowing he was going from being a starter at Drexel to possibly being a backup to Rogers. As a senior, he got thrusted into being "the point guard" until Cortes was eligible. Last night, he was the last of the regulars to enter the game. Ended up going 4-7, shot no 3s, 2 rebounds, 2 assists with 3 TOs (he's not a true PG), 4 steals, and 8 points.

Did Ridgnal have a better game? What about DeGray? How about Beverly? Cortes had one of his best games of the season and wasn't all that much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Cortes taking out the Aztecs…

That was a sweet move.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• It's tough to get excited beating a horrible team. Most important nothing changed with A/TO. I'd be shocked if haggerty remains in Tulsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                It's tough to get excited beating a horrible team. Most important nothing changed with A/TO. I'd be shocked if haggerty remains in Tulsa.
                                I'm more excited than when we lost to the horrible team.
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X