No announcement yet.

2013 Sears ESPN Bracketbuster Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at this point we better just hope we get a team that is still in top 100 in RPI
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Creighton looks like they will get Belmont. That's a decent RPI game for both teams and a loss would not necessarily bust either teams bracket.

It would be nice if NDS or SDS could work their way into the Top 50 by BB game time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        It would be nice if NDS or SDS could work their way into the Top 50 by BB game time.
        Considering the conference two both play in, I highly doubt it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Considering the conference two both play in, I highly doubt it.
          Yeah I'll be happy if NDSU can just maintain our RPI. Western Illinois did the league no favors...They played in the conference title game last year, returned a lot of talent and played a horrific non-conference schedule this year(the best team they played was Evansville). The Summit League is actually strengthening their SOS.

Losing ORU was a blow to the league this year, they are always tough and they aren't afraid to put together a difficult schedule.
          Last edited by Fargobison; January 22, 2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• I want to add the following concerning our BB opponent.

I hope we get ND State. They are still relatively "NEW" to D-1. They are not a media market. They are not in a league that they can get an at-large.

But they are a probable favorite to join the MVC when Creighton leaves. They are a good basketball team. And before anyone goes knocking them as a program in whole, note the following:

Captial One Cup (Picture the All-Sports Trophy but nationwide)

SCHOOL POINTS
            1. Alabama 60
            1. Indiana 60
            1. North Dakota State 60
            4. Notre Dame 39
            5. Georgetown 36
            5. Oregon

Comment

• If NDSU joins the MVC then . . . I am not sure how to answer my own inquiry.

Comment

• At the risk of helping to hijack this thread, and no offense to ND State, if the MVC loses CU then we need to replace them with a quality basketball school, not a quality all sports school. Give me Murray State instead. With that said, if CU leaves, I hope we're all over the MWC like a cheap suit (with a little help from UT, NMSU, or some west Texas schools).
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• If/when CU leaves, we need to just suck it up and add 3 schools. I'm no fan of bringing in the Dakotas. I know they already play football in the MVFC, but I'd rather look at a number of others that I believe have more potential for growth and to help the Valley. NDSU isn't a bad school and have showed pretty well since moving up to D1, but I don't think they'll help the perception of the MVC. And lets not kid ourselves, they want to move up in football already and if they ever find an invite, looking more difficult with the collapse of the WAC, they're gone.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm just glad that some consider NDSU as a potential valley addition, honestly I think more of our fans want to be in the MVC vs an FBS conference like the MAC. We are really trying to elevate our basketball program, we are very close to breaking ground on a major renovation of our basketball arena which will also add a basketball practice facility.

Here is what it will look like... http://issuu.com/ndsuathletics/docs/edge

I won't hijack this thread any further but I do hope we play your team. Our team played WSU a few years ago and our players/coaches had nothing but great things to say about the experience of playing at your arena. Plus I know you'll bring a great team up to Fargo as well and it is a struggle to get good teams to come up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargobison View Post
                      I'm just glad that some consider NDSU as a potential valley addition, honestly I think more of our fans want to be in the MVC vs an FBS conference like the MAC. We are really trying to elevate our basketball program, we are very close to breaking ground on a major renovation of our basketball arena which will also add a basketball practice facility.

I won't hijack this thread any further but I do hope we play your team. Our team played WSU a few years ago and our players/coaches had nothing but great things to say about the experience of playing at your arena. Plus I know you'll bring a great team up to Fargo as well and it is a struggle to get good teams to come up here.
                      Beat SDSU and we will be happy to play you as you will be the best option available.
                      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• I stand by my comment we should turn this thing on its ear in our last year of this garbage and insist on playing Creighton. Creighton should do the same. That could potentially give us four games against one another, helping all involved.

Is there some bracket buster rule that we can't play each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I stand by my comment we should turn this thing on its ear in our last year of this garbage and insist on playing Creighton. Creighton should do the same. That could potentially give us four games against one another, helping all involved.

Is there some bracket buster rule that we can't play each other?

I am with you. Let's schedule the game in Kansas City--Wichita State fans get first deebs on the tickets and Creighton get's what is left over.

Comment

• A WSU cu game in kc would be completely fantastic. Sold out and evenly matched on the court AND in the stands. It would be like the valley tournament without the huge gap of empty seats and occasional red blue maroon or purple shirts.

There would probably also be some beers involved and maybe some violence :)

Comment

• In other news, I would also like to play ndsu. It's not like there is a super high rpi option. Might as well be them

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargobison View Post
                                I'm just glad that some consider NDSU as a potential valley addition, honestly I think more of our fans want to be in the MVC vs an FBS conference like the MAC. We are really trying to elevate our basketball program, we are very close to breaking ground on a major renovation of our basketball arena which will also add a basketball practice facility.

I surely hope it has heat!:wink-new:
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X