WSU (9-12, 1-7) At Memphis (15-6, 4-4) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Then a guy who was 0-12 on the day on the next possession took a 3 and hit it for the Memphis lead. I’m trying to follow your logic.
    You didn't quote me, but my reasoning has to do with possessions, time on the clock, and our 2-point lead. Not who is taking the shot (for either team).

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Then a guy who was 0-12 on the day on the next possession took a 3 and hit it for the Memphis lead. I’m trying to follow your logic.
      Not sure why you have a hard time following the logic of not having a player who's been bricking all day take a shot early in the shot clock at under a minute when we have the lead. I mean, that logic follows decades of commonly accepted basketball strategy. Guess you are a maverick.

Maybe JQ's shot was bad, too. Maybe he was lucky and his went in. Doesn't change the fact that ours was idiotic. Also doesn't change the fact that at least JQ's shot was advisable - he was wide open, it was early in the possession with his team down, and there was a decent chance Memphis gets a rebound if he misses.

Also not sure what your "safe space" post has to do with anything.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Missed opportunities. Particularly missing free throws and missing layups. Also...KP may show good on paper for HCPM...but man he squanders a lot of possessions out there due to his lack of quickness, athleticism and definitely strength. Seems to always get the ball easily knocked out of his hands, can't grab a rebound to save his life or can't grab a lose ball that's right there to snag allowing another player to beat him to it. Drives me nuts.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I’m taking today’s loss pretty hard. Time to pop another top…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
            Not sticking up for Cortes, but the "foul" he committed on the 3-point shooter was BS and the type of foul I thought they weren't calling anymore. Dude jumped sidways and backwards into Cortes.

The biggest crime for me was driving to the basket with the lead with about a minute left and taking another ****ing brick layup instead of running down the clock.
            In Memphis, that’s a foul every time for the opposition.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• With each passing loss I become more numb to losing. My passion for the game and this team has dwindled to a new low. I'll still be watching but expecting us to lose. Might win one or two home games and round one, maybe even round two. That's it. Coaching staff has it's work cut out finding 3-4 good loyal players. Like a movie once said there will be better times than these.

Comment

• Time to head to a concert, then go karaoke....... maybe Fat Bottomed Girls, Losin my Religion, and some Stones

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Time to head to a concert, then go karaoke....... maybe Fat Bottomed Girls, Losin my Religion, and some Stones
                  Sympathy for the Devil!

Dedicate it to "Ol' Kung Wu"!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      I’m taking today’s loss pretty hard. Time to pop another top…

Dang, that's like watching an NBA team compared to what we've got now. I had forgotten about the Vanvleet bucket after the big cotton three.

Comment

• well, rice and utsa did what wsu couldn't.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            I’m taking today’s loss pretty hard. Time to pop another top…

We need a Cle, a FVV, a Baker, and a Cotton incoming next Season. Just do it.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

We need a Cle, a FVV, a Baker, and a Cotton incoming next Season. Just do it.
                              I hope so. Might be hard to find cause Cotton doesn’t just grow on trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                Dang, that's like watching an NBA team compared to what we've got now. I had forgotten about the Vanvleet bucket after the big cotton three.
                                Like all players, each player on that team had their weaknesses to go along with their strengths. But this roster of players each have flaws and some have little to no strengths.

Comment

Working...
                                X