Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I don't necessarily disagree.

However, if we miss 2 we made earlier in the game and then make 2 that we missed late in the game. The outcome is the same. At least in the simplest of terms and in terms of FT percentage.
    Yeah but it's way more than just random misses and makes. We miss them at big times because we are mentally weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Question for anyone, but especially ShockRef, any particular reason the timeout we took at 4:07 counted as the under 4? We could have used the extra TO at under 4 imho.
      With the exception of the first timeout of second half (first timeout of both halves in NCAA Tournament), a timeout taken within 0:30 of the media timeout threshold or after said threshold gets used as the media timeout. Rule change in last 5-10 years to improve game pace and not potentially have…

Timeout at 4:07
      Ten seconds of play
      Full media timeout
      78-65

Comment

Q is 63.6% from the FT line all season. That's a better % than Kenny, Isaac and Bijan, and just a couple points behind Beverly. Given that he's 70% from the FG and the best defender we have (maybe in the conference) AND we're 1-8 in the conference, I think Q commands being in the game late, if he's being kept out because of FTs.

He's damned well earned it.
        If Q is in at 1:07 , up 4, jones doesn’t drive to the rack and get fouled I suspect, changing the whole trajectory.

Comment

• it really did take the perfect storm of horrible coaching, poor play, and bad calls to snatch this defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

With the exception of the first timeout of second half (first timeout of both halves in NCAA Tournament), a timeout taken within 0:30 of the media timeout threshold or after said threshold gets used as the media timeout. Rule change in last 5-10 years to improve game pace and not potentially have…

Timeout at 4:07
            Ten seconds of play
            Full media timeout
            Thank you. I didn't realize it had changed to 30 seconds. That did not go well for us, as with most things the last 8 minutes.

Comment

Q is 63.6% from the FT line all season. That's a better % than Kenny, Isaac and Bijan, and just a couple points behind Beverly. Given that he's 70% from the FG and the best defender we have (maybe in the conference) AND we're 1-8 in the conference, I think Q commands being in the game late, if he's being kept out because of FTs.

He's damned well earned it.
              If only we had a head coach who paid attention to statistics.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Knowing that it 99% wouldn’t have mattered, but why did Beverly shoot the last second shot and not Rogers? Have the guy who can’t make a layup, shoot it, as opposed to a guy who has been drilling threes all game. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

If only we had a head coach who paid attention to statistics.
                  You mean like our worst shooter on the day taking the most shots (3-14) and his last one (it missed) was taken with us having a 2-point lead and only 9 seconds into our possession with 57 seconds left on the clock?

Comment

• Shockers blow a 14-point lead with less than 8 minutes left, as Memphis wins it 65-63 on this David Jones game winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You mean like our worst shooter on the day taking the most shots (3-14) and his last one (it missed) was taken with us having a 2-point lead and only 9 seconds into our possession with 57 seconds left on the clock?
                      The angst about this is confusing to me. It was a great shot. A wide-open layup. Even if we had pulled it out and ran clock (and then probably gotten a much worse shot! Memphis still would've had plenty of time,

Comment

• Anyone else catch the post-game radio interview?

No doubt the woke cancel culture won’t be turning on Mr. Close, but if I heard correctly, he asked Mills is he felt like strangling some players. (Paraphrasing, please lmk if I misheard).

Uhhh, Bob…it’s not 1992 anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

The angst about this is confusing to me. It was a great shot. A wide-open layup. Even if we had pulled it out and ran clock (and then probably gotten a much worse shot! Memphis still would've had plenty of time,
                          Just to make sure we are talking about the same play, this is about the shot with a minute left, with us up 62 to 60. That layup was not wide open. Jourdain was there and may have even gotten a piece of the ball. It was also taken by a shooter that nobody would have wanted to take that shot today, and taken with only Pohto there to contest for a rebound against 3 Memphis players. There were still 23 seconds on the shot clock and 59.6 seconds left in the game.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I guess nuance and rhetoric are lost on people. Every word is taken literally by society and the safe place generations.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Strictly my opinion, but with a 2-point lead and the shot clock where it was, I want "us" to have 2 positions (1 of those most likely the last position) and for them to have only 1. Had we made it (which is not bad), they are going to most likely have 2 more positions to our 1 more. As bad as Memphis played, they are still the favored team and are at home. There may be more to this, (like us missing a point-blank shot) but # of possessions for who is the biggest reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Just to make sure we are talking about the same play, this is about the shot with a minute left, with us up 62 to 60. That layup was not wide open. Jourdain was there and may have even gotten a piece of the ball. It was also taken by a shooter that nobody would have wanted to take that shot today, and taken with only Pohto there to contest for a rebound against 3 Memphis players. There were still 23 seconds on the shot clock and 59.6 seconds left in the game.
                                Then a guy who was 0-12 on the day on the next possession took a 3 and hit it for the Memphis lead. I’m trying to follow your logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X