X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly 3-14
    Bell 3-10
    Degray 3-9

For players that generally take their shots in the lane or at the rim... That's not going to win many games

Comment

• Why are people talking about turnovers that occured before we took a 14 point lead? Those turnovers were not turning points in the game.

The only real coaching thing that stuck out to me was having Pohto in instead of Ballard. I'm sure there is a decent reason for him being in, but it seemed like he was getting absolutely bullied on defense.

BC shouldn't be getting minutes, but the foul call on him was bad. Offensive player initiated the contact and BC was trying to give him room to land. I felt like the two RD layups could have been fouls, but we didn't get those calls at the end.

I think the final minute of this game really showed the disparity between the two rosters. Quinerly goes 0-12, and then hits a big three late, makes some good offensive plays for his teammates. Jones couldn't miss. We don't have anyone that can replicate what either of those guys do for Memphis.

Comment

• That foul on the three point shot is another game clip that needs to be sent to the Head of Officiating for the conference.

Highly, highly doubt Mills has the b***** to do it, but he should.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

It was Cortes who fouled. We had Jones contained until that play. We would have had the ball up 14 but that cut it to eleven AND ignited Jones and Memphis. I don't see how Mills' thinks BC belongs on a D1 court anywhere. Rogers had a good game offensively but gave up some threes on the other end and was suppose to be on Jones at the end. He gave him an easy shot for the loss.
          You are correct, I guess BJ was a Freudian slip on my part.

Comment

• Their last 12 possessions after the under 8 timeout:

3 (3 free throws on a Cortes foul)
            2 (dunk)
            2 (layup)
            0 (missed layup)
            2 (layup)
            3 (Jones 3)
            3 (missed shot, OR, layup and one)
            3 (Jones 3)
            0 (Jones missed 3)
            2 (Jones FT FT)
            3 (Quinerly 3)
            2 (Jones shot)

12 possessions, 3 missed shots (one of which they rebounded for 3 more points), no turnovers, 2.08 PPP is WSU vs Gonzaga like.

Our last 12 possessions:

2 (FT, FT Ridgnal)
            2 (FT, FT DeGray)
            0 (Missed 3, OR, missed layup)
            2 (Dunk, Ballard)
            0 (Turnover)
            0 (Missed layup)
            0 (Missed jumper)
            0 (Missed FT, missed FT Pohto)
            2 (jumper, Rogers)
            2 (Dunk, Beverly)
            0 (missed layup, Beverly)
            1(missed jumper, OR, FT made, FT missed DeGray)

.92 PPP, 5-8 from the line, 3-9 FG, 1 turnover (atomic bomb).

100 % on us to win that game, regardless of Memphis shooting out of their ass the last 8.

Question for anyone, but especially ShockRef, any particular reason the timeout we took at 4:07 counted as the under 4? We could have used the extra TO at under 4 imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              That foul on the three point shot is another game clip that needs to be sent to the Head of Officiating for the conference.

Highly, highly doubt Mills has the b***** to do it, but he should.
              in real time I legit thought they were gonna call an offensive foul

Comment

• I see all the complaints about individual plays, but what cost the game was poor defensive rebounding. When in a man to man defense there is no excuse for not blocking your man out. Too many times I saw us rush to the hoop rather than box out their man, only to see the ball go over our heads or Memphis finding open lanes for the offensive rebound.

That and layups. Of course you take the open layup when the opportunity comes, but you should be making them. That is expected.

Game plan was good today. Player skills, not so good.

Comment

• Smart clock management, our best 2 rebounders in, and smart execution, so much wanted to be our friend down the stretch so says analytics?
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                    I see all the complaints about individual plays, but what cost the game was poor defensive rebounding. When in a man to man defense there is no excuse for not blocking your man out. Too many times I saw us rush to the hoop rather than box out their man, only to see the ball go over our heads or Memphis finding open lanes for the offensive rebound.

That and layups. Of course you take the open layup when the opportunity comes, but you should be making them. That is expected.

Game plan was good today. Player skills, not so good.
                    The lay up thing is mystifying and inexplicable. Boxing out is on the coach. It has to be coached. It has to be demanded

Comment

• Very disheartening.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

We seem to be particularly adept at mission the most important ones
                        I don't necessarily disagree.

However, if we miss 2 we made earlier in the game and then make 2 that we missed late in the game. The outcome is the same. At least in the simplest of terms and in terms of FT percentage.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Q is 63.6% from the FT line all season. That's a better % than Kenny, Isaac and Bijan, and just a couple points behind Beverly. Given that he's 70% from the FG and the best defender we have (maybe in the conference) AND we're 1-8 in the conference, I think Q commands being in the game late, if he's being kept out because of FTs.

He's damned well earned it.

Comment

• Memphis still dropped 10 spots in KP, so there is that.

Comment

• Thank goodness things ended the way they should! I respect the Memphis program and I'd rather shut ours down than become Evansville. We suck, our program is in shambles, we have no interest in paying to play, so lose out until somebody with a SACK steps up to the plate. Lose out forever.

Beating a good team when you're garbage hurts the diehard fans even more giving them hope - AND it hurts the conference (who cares about this conference lol).

Euthanize already.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                                Memphis still dropped 10 spots in KP, so there is that.
                                This was the ultimate lose lose game. We didn't win, and they still played like **** so they definitely didn't "get right"

Comment

Working...
                                X