Fanbase NIL Contribution Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Private equity "invests", they expect a return in some form or fashion. Not sure how this plays out.
    It will end up with some bankrupt Athletic Departments

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      They are going about this all wrong. Something tangible must be given in return back to the donor as in the form of a monetary prize and not of the “shake Quincy Ballard’s hand” variety. Not sure how they can run it in line with charitable raffle laws, but I would gladly come up with 100 bucks to get into a 50/50 pot worth $50k or buy $300.00 worth of $30.00 lottery tickets if some of the money was earmarked for NIL funds. Have a corporate donor cough up a big ticket item. The store was a start, now raise the bar a bit.
      Know anybody that could spare a cookie cake?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        They are going about this all wrong. Something tangible must be given in return back to the donor as in the form of a monetary prize and not of the “shake Quincy Ballard’s hand” variety. Not sure how they can run it in line with charitable raffle laws, but I would gladly come up with 100 bucks to get into a 50/50 pot worth $50k or buy $300.00 worth of $30.00 lottery tickets if some of the money was earmarked for NIL funds. Have a corporate donor cough up a big ticket item. The store was a start, now raise the bar a bit.
        St. Jude's Children's Hospital raffles of a free new home in Wichita every year. And not some dump either.

Comment

• Saw where the kitties of the small apple paid 2 mil for a transfer from Illinois. It makes me feel sad to think they can raise that kind of money and WSU, alumni, business owners and people living in Wichita can't seem to support their home town team.

Comment

• I hear where you are coming from. But at the same time, if we had somehow come up with that kind of jack I would be sick to my stomach knowing we were dropping 2 mil on a college basketball player. That’s just gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              I hear where you are coming from. But at the same time, if we had somehow come up with that kind of jack I would be sick to my stomach knowing we were dropping 2 mil on a college basketball player. That’s just gross.
              And not a dominant player.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                I hear where you are coming from. But at the same time, if we had somehow come up with that kind of jack I would be sick to my stomach knowing we were dropping 2 mil on a college basketball player. That’s just gross.
                When the Wildcats come knocking at 21st and Hillside, it is due time to defeat them. This would make an old banking term ROI ( return on investment) make the Shocks happy and look wise.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                X