No announcement yet.

Fanbase NIL Contribution Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anybody getting NIL does much in the actual spirit of collecting on their NIL. I think they'fe just paid outright with no real obligation to do anything. Grady Dick had his name on a car wash giveaway. Avery Johnsins is promoted by a car dealer in Salina.

There is no way Nijel Pack made $800,000 worth of endoresment appearaces over a period of 2 years in Miami.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I don't think anybody getting NIL does much in the actual spirit of collecting on their NIL. I think they'fe just paid outright with no real obligation to do anything. Grady Dick had his name on a car wash giveaway. Avery Johnsins is promoted by a car dealer in Salina.

There is no way Nijel Pack made $800,000 worth of endoresment appearaces over a period of 2 years in Miami.
      Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

This is going to sound mean, but probably none of them. Maybe XB because of his local ties? I think the average fan is going to feel less connection with the players and team as a whole when the roster is always churning. People grew to love Fred and Ron because not only was the team good, they were around for multiple years.
        Softball players and a few of our track athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          I think any NIL is DOA until we hear about what the funds are being used for. We need a pie chart with numbers or percents. Like others said, vague language on how funds are being used is a recipe for failure.
          These aren't bad questions. They make sense to ask under normal circumstances. Unfortunately we are already way behind the other top basketball teams when it comes to NIL. If we don't right our NIL ship soon, we may get too far behind to ever be a top 25 basketball program again.

Comment

Holy CRAP!! The answer to our NIL dilemma has been staring us in the face all along!!!!

We start an NIL collective and raise about $100k to erect a fully insured monster of a statue of Xavier McDaniel in a dark and desolate area!!! Don't care what we make it out of, but paint it copper colored!

Then sit back, wait for the inevitable and quadruple our funds!!! BAM!! International news, insurance, donations pouring in ... and we still end up with a killer statue of X-Man when it's all over!!!

Let's call it "Collective 34"!!!!

Gogogogogogogogo!!!!!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Nah. I’ll give money for SASO and have given money to the University outside of athletics. Not sure how to justify paying professional athletes in some kind of quasi-Onlyfans setup. Not knocking those who feel otherwise, but it ain’t college sports any longer. I may still watch but I feel no obligation to fund it. The market will sort it out.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

it's a money grab by athletes that is not sustainable. A lot of them will realize they have zero value outside of playing games for their school.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  There is so much talk about NIL. Let's see what the fanbase does for contributions?
                  At least 9 to 13 on Shockernet that may whittle down the 5,000

Comment

I'm curious others opinions. It seems our athletic department likes to use "Robo Calls" with recorded messages from either ADKS or HCPM (or HCIB in the past). I just got one today thanking for support this last year. I'm curious other peoples thoughts on them. I personally think its a nice thought but bad execution. Its more an annoyance to get a robocall than anything else. I'd rather see it in an email/mail format (which they do include that in the renewal forms).

Do others think the robocalls are a good thing for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I'm curious others opinions. It seems our athletic department likes to use "Robo Calls" with recorded messages from either ADKS or HCPM (or HCIB in the past). I just got one today thanking for support this last year. I'm curious other peoples thoughts on them. I personally think its a nice thought but bad execution. Its more an annoyance to get a robocall than anything else. I'd rather see it in an email/mail format (which they do include that in the renewal forms).

Do others think the robocalls are a good thing for them?
                      Tend to agree... received one of those also. I'm getting to the point where I'll only answer my cell when I'm 99.999999999999% sure, it's someone I recognize.

I'd prefer an email. I believe there was already a letter from coach Mills with the SASO renewal... and can't recall what came with the tickets. I do give them credit for reaching out again (I'm going to renew anyway, but I'm sure some are still on the fence).

What I'd really like to hear is, "hey WstateU, we already have a handful of commitments that will 'knock your socks off', please renew today."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I sent some money to Armchair, not really knowing what I was expecting. I know that whatever it was, I'm not happy with the program so far. I'm not sending money again.

I'm sick of the whole NIL game anyway. When I was in school, most athletes didn't get paid under the table, but some did. Most student/athletes were happy to have the opportunity to put on a college uniform, especially if it meant free schooling, books, room, and board. Where I live now, we had a QB that skipped his last year of high school and accepted I think a million dollars from Ohio State. He then transferred to Texas, getting millions more.

I don't understand what caused this current group of athletes to change from those in the past; demanding money versus playing to earn the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post

I don't understand what caused this current group of athletes to change from those in the past; demanding money versus playing to earn the letter.
                          Jay Bilas
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Jay Bilas
                            That, and AAU, “handlers”, bad parenting, social media, a societal insistence on instant gratification, a selfish “gotta get mine” attitude, participation trophies for everyone, etc.

Comment

It all started with video games putting college players and their names on their games and not paying the players. Add in colleges selling jerseys with players names on them and it kinda starts getting unfair. Now the pendulum has swung to the extreme the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That, and AAU, “handlers”, bad parenting, social media, a societal insistence on instant gratification, a selfish “gotta get mine” attitude, participation trophies for everyone, etc.
                                The “participation trophies for everyone” warriors are a different group of people that are problematic to society who put zero value on competitiveness and individual value. Everything else you said fits the NIL profile.

Comment

Working...
                                X