HCPM dilemma #1: PG - Bell vs Cortes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post

DR is one of only 2 people on this team that can stretch the floor. It's amazing how many guys we have that have been playing basketball their entire lives but can only shoot layups.
    And one that can't even do that!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Still ?
      Yes. As far as PG. But it is like choosing whether you want to go on a date with Hillary or Nancy Pelosi. You have to pick one but neither one is desirable.

Comment

Cortes would really benefit from a good ol' fashioned HC3GM yank-and-glare-nostril-flare.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Cortes would really benefit from a good ol' fashioned HC3GM yank-and-glare-nostril-flare.
          HC3GM would also tell him to go to a barbershop or beauty parlor. Yes, I’m an old crusty fart, but Cortes’ hair and turnovers has me poopin’ tops… KP’s hair is almost as bad.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Lol
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
              I'm more of an XB supporter than most. I would much rather him stay and have minutes than CR. I would have rather kept Melvion Flanagan than have Cortes on the court.
              Flanagan is currently playing NAIA ball.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Flanagan is currently playing NAIA ball.
                Cortes might be able to hang at that level. Flanagan is probably lighting it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  There weren't too many past players who didn't get better under Gregg (if they stayed in Wichita). Shaq, even said he didn't benefit, but most of us who witnessed his career, know he did benefit from Gregg. Fred and Ron were obviously great player who were tough enough to withstand him for 4 and 5 years (they would probably admit that there coach/player relationship was mutually beneficial because they were all about winning, but we know that they would have been great anywhere). Landry and Austin probably weren't quite as tough (although great players, Landry and Austin weren't quite as tough as Fred and Ron, at least it seemed that way to me, so they left a year or two early.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There weren't too many past players who didn't get better under Gregg (if they stayed in Wichita). Shaq, even said he didn't benefit, but most of us who witnessed his career, know he did benefit from Gregg. Fred and Ron were obviously great player who were tough enough to WITHSTAND him for 4 and 5 years (they would probably admit that there coach/player relationship was mutually beneficial because they were all about winning, but we know that they would have been great anywhere). Landry and Austin probably weren't quite as tough (although great players, Landry and Austin weren't quite as tough as Fred and Ron, at least it seemed that way to me, so they left a year or two early.
                    Good players who want to win, don't "withstand" a coaches tough nature. They desire it, they want to be pushed, they want tough discipline for their team. They want winning ways.
                    But there are those players that expect allot for little effort as well. No punishment for making lazy or bonehead moves.

Comment

There weren't too many past players who didn't get better under Gregg (if they stayed in Wichita). Shaq, even said he didn't benefit, but most of us who witnessed his career, know he did benefit from Gregg. Fred and Ron were obviously great player who were tough enough to withstand him for 4 and 5 years (they would probably admit that there coach/player relationship was mutually beneficial because they were all about winning, but we know that they would have been great anywhere). Landry and Austin probably weren't quite as tough (although great players, Landry and Austin weren't quite as tough as Fred and Ron, at least it seemed that way to me, so they left a year or two early.
                      I don’t blame Landry as much. Sure, I selfishly wished he would have stayed one more year, but he bet on himself getting drafted in the first round and did so. It seemed like his mom had some tough financial stuff on her plate, so him going pro was able to help her too. Cannot fault a guy for helping provide for his family.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I don’t blame Landry as much. Sure, I selfishly wished he would have stayed one more year, but he bet on himself getting drafted in the first round and did so. It seemed like his mom had some tough financial stuff on her plate, so him going pro was able to help her too. Cannot fault a guy for helping provide for his family.
                        When we had Landry, Conner F, and Austin R. On the same team, that was 3 laser accurate shooters.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

shhhhhhhhhh.....

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

When we had Landry, Conner F, and Austin R. On the same team, that was 3 laser accurate shooters.
                            Still managed to shoot 27% from 3 vs Marshall in the NCAA tourney. Conner 6-10 from 3, but 0-7 from Landry and 0-3 from Austin. Landry and Austin a combined 3-18 from the floor ... oof. Bad memories.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not blaming Landry, and no fault to him or his family. He made a lot of money moving on. My observation from a distance is that he, and Austin just didn't seem to have quite the same "toughness" or "physical strength" as Fred and Ron, nor quite the appreciation for GM. I should include more players like Evan, and Tekele in the top tier of "strength" and "toughness" too. That was the M.O. of a lot of our Shocker players.

Comment

Not blaming Landry, and no fault to him or his family. He made a lot of money moving on. My observation from a distance is that he, and Austin just didn't seem to have quite the same "toughness" or "physical strength" as Fred and Ron, nor quite the appreciation for GM. I should include more players like Evan, and Tekele in the top tier of "strength" and "toughness" too. That was the M.O. of a lot of our Shocker players.
                                Carl Hall doesn't get near enough credit for his undersized toughness. He was the epitomy of Shocker basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X