Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm still sticking with Joy
    Less turnovers and almost as many assists without ever getting in the game!

Comment

LOL

Bell scores about 0.390 points per minutes played.
      Joy scores about 0.363 points per minute played.

... Cortes scores about 0.205 points per minute played.

I think we are in on this guy for PG next year ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Next season I'm hoping for a portal PG to start and Zion Pipkin (supposedly a PG) to be the backup. Since he's local, Bell can stay as a 10-15 minute guy off the bench at SG. Cortes needs to move down another level in my opinion.

Comment

Actually both Joy's Ortg and Drtg are a lot better than Cortes' too. Interesting.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            Cortes needs to move down another level in my opinion.
            Oklahoma Baptist
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Speaking of dilemmas, next Season we will add TJ and Zion incoming who I really like to add to the guard jam of Bamba, Joy, Bell, Roger's, and Cortes. Not sure a true efficient experienced pg is there. Thus I'm sure they will hit the portal for 1 more at least. Eight is not enough but too many. Now what?
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Next season I'm hoping for a portal PG to start and Zion Pipkin (supposedly a PG) to be the backup. Since he's local, Bell can stay as a 10-15 minute guy off the bench at SG. Cortes needs to move down another level in my opinion.
                not against this idea but it would be nice if Bell was a reliable 3 point shooter if he's gonna play the 2. Cue the stats from his last college.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

not against this idea but it would be nice if Bell was a reliable 3 point shooter if he's gonna play the 2. Cue the stats from his last college.......
                  I think Bell has a place on a decent team, but he'd have to be pretty far down the bench given his limitations.

Comment

I'm more of an XB supporter than most. I would much rather him stay and have minutes than CR. I would have rather kept Melvion Flanagan than have Cortes on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Speaking of dilemmas, next Season we will add TJ and Zion incoming who I really like to add to the guard jam of Bamba, Joy, Bell, Roger's, and Cortes. Not sure a true efficient experienced pg is there. Thus I'm sure they will hit the portal for 1 more at least. Eight is not enough but too many. Now what?
                      I'm not convinced Bamba will return. When they chose to redshirt him, it sure sounded like that was more against his will than with it. I know nothing about the kid other than he was hyped up pretty good coming out of Canada. Thought he might be able to contribute some but either he's not that good or Mills just hates FR.

If TJ and Zion don't play next year and we're still rolling out the yahoo's were using now, then I'll just completely give up.

We're playing for nothing this year and the young guys who could still get better and could really use game action are glued to the end of the bench.

Unless he finds multiple game changers in the portal, there will really be zero excuses as to why he doesn't play the youth.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm not convinced Bamba will return. When they chose to redshirt him, it sure sounded like that was more against his will than with it. I know nothing about the kid other than he was hyped up pretty good coming out of Canada. Thought he might be able to contribute some but either he's not that good or Mills just hates FR.

If TJ and Zion don't play next year and we're still rolling out the yahoo's were using now, then I'll just completely give up.

We're playing for nothing this year and the young guys who could still get better and could really use game action are glued to the end of the bench.

Unless he finds multiple game changers in the portal, there will really be zero excuses as to why he doesn't play the youth.
                        I know this is a post about guards, but speaking about end of the bench. How bad does Germany have to be to never get playing time?

Comment

Also important to note that the person who recruited Bamba, Luke Gore, is no longer at WSU.

Comment

Germany must be pretty bad, too bad he can't shoot a 3

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I know this is a post about guards, but speaking about end of the bench. How bad does Germany have to be to never get playing time?
                              It's a bad look for the coaching staff when they bring in a 5th year senior, after a productive career at another school, and they don't even play.

Comment

It's a bad look for the coaching staff when they bring in a 5th year senior, after a productive career at another school, and they don't even play.
                                His biggest problem is he plays a position where we're actually pretty good in terms of talent and depth. Plus when we have seen him, he hasn't been all that impressive.

When he was brought in, Ballard was a bit of a wild card in that he hadn't played much and spent most of last year injured. He's remained healthy which limits opportunities for Germany.

Also, Germany had solid numbers on a bad team where he was probably the best player. In my mind, Bell should be used a lot like Germany. Sparingly as needed off of the bench. The problem is, Germany is behind two guys that bring something to the table that really limits his opportunities, whereas Bell isn't really behind anyone because our guard play is atrocious and there's nobody forcing him to the bench.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X