USM Ticket Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    that actually might mean something except it counts for the NCAA as Home game.

8845 tickets left.
    8635 tickets left

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      8635 tickets left
      WOW This is bad. Only 210 more tickets sold in the last week or two. Come on Shocker fans. If you haven't got your tickets yet for this game go down and get them (and obviously a bunch of Shocker fans have not yet).

Comment

I see it going down this way. The promoter said they weren't going to discount the tickets. Sooner or later people holding out for discounts will give up and start buying. Then those that wait until the last minute will complain about their seats or not buy at all missing out on an opportunity to show their support. In the end there will be a good representation of Shocker fans watching our team go 12-0. Those not in attendance will rue the day.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

We can't sell out Koch Arena. I am betting there will be less than 9,000 fans there. Pretty pathetic, but I would put good money on it. It's not part of the season ticket package, so you will not have as many corporate seats (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Plus there will be those that feel they already paid enough for season tickets that they just don't want to fork out the extra cash for more tickets. Then you will have those that could be heading out of town for the holidays...etc.

I just don't see how this game gets packed. Hope I'm wrong.

Regardless I will be there. Whether there is an embarrassing turnout or not.....
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I think it will clear 10k but I don't know if by much. I believe the last two years were about 14k for Tulsa and about 11k for Uab. If it is all the way down to 9k this year, I would be pretty surprised... And disappointed for sure.

Comment

Downtown sales — Wichita State’s men’s basketball team is nearing its annual game at Intrust Bank Arena. With 13 days remaining, ticket sales have yet to match the team’s fast start. There is plenty of time for sales to pick up. As of Friday, WSU had sold 4,250 tickets for the Dec. 22 game against Southern Mississippi.

Comment

It's not too surprising...most people who would buy their tickets early already have (likely in the first week or two)

Some won't buy their tickets till a few days beforehand unless word gets out a sell-out is approaching, and others may just be waiting for a repeat of last years sales.

Either way, i wouldn't expect much of an uptick in sales numbers till we get much closer.

Comment

4,250 is pathetic. The game is in 2 weeks. Come on people. Quit waiting for coupons and support our Shockers!

Comment

The promoter did himself no service for this year by deep discounting tickets late last year. Now you have those who are waiting to see if it happens again (despite what was said), others who are waiting for the same reason but will end up not buying at the last minute, those who may be PO'd because they bought early last year only to see the ticket price drop later, and all this for an opponent who is no better draw than the one last year.

I'll say it again. I'm all for having a game each year at IBA. I also fully understand the monetary benefits to WSU in doing this type game last year and this. However, the IBA game needs to be the type of game that has some sizzle or regional interest. A team that would not come to Wichita/Koch otherwise. Both UAB and Southern Miss would go to Koch through a h/h, and fans could see them with their season tickets.

I really believe fans would object much less to having one less game home game at Koch every year in exchange for paying extra for a game at IBA every other year against that "big draw" type of opponent which would require a return game (maybe even at their own arena). If WSU could set up two of these type games (alternating home and away) WSU fans would pay extra every year to see that type of opponent.

Comment

Yep, I have mine. Mid-court 3 rows up in the club section. I took the opportunity to get close to the action. Something I can't do at the Koch. I know it's been brought up but it ticks me off as well to see all the open seats close to the action at the Koch arena. I understand out of town season ticket holders doing the best to make sure there is a butt in their seat when able. However, the corporate schmucks need to get a butt in the seat or let the box office know to re-sell their seat. I tried to upgrade my season tickets and was told there was nothing lower for me. Always hope for next season though.
                      When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

The season ticket experiment failed with Tulsa 2 years ago because a bunch of disgruntled Shocker fans bitched and moaned because they couldn't figure out the concept that a square IBA doesn't fit into the same configuration as a round Koch. People expected similar sight lines and seats as theirs in Koch and caused an uproar that still probably hasn't subsided today. Therefore, we now have the promoter-issued game, where it's not put together in the season package. This forces fans to purchase "additional" tickets for an additional game not included and their package. And now people are bitching about that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Marshall wants an IBA game every year. You can find millions of quotes on that. So you might as well get used to it. If the Greatest Fanbase on Earth continues their smug attitude, then it probably will eventually die off, pissing off the Coach. And it would further decrease the odds of better teams coming into IBA on a regular basis. The Tennessee series doesn't happen without IBA. Also, a Big East team out of D.C. was courting the possibility of WSU and IBA. That never gets off the ground without IBA.

WSU could be a Top 20 team going into that one with a decent, but definite geographical outlier USM coming in - off of their NCAA bid last year. I just can't fathom a nationally ranked WSU team not drawing 9,000 fans in their own city on a Saturday night against a decent opponent. The discount thing hurt last year, but again, sales were sluggish in the first place or they wouldn't have done it. So WSU didn't have good support early either for last year. But still, 4500 sold is downright embarrassing. I guess KU and KSU fans really do own more of this city than Shocker fans would like to admit.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          I'll say it again. I'm all for having a game each year at IBA. I also fully understand the monetary benefits to WSU in doing this type game last year and this.
                          There are no monetary benefits. In fact, it most likely costs us money not playing the game in Koch Arena. What it does do is strengthen our schedule with a team that might not have come to Koch Arena and it is apparently very important for recruiting... HCGM said recruits want to see IBA and are excited to play in it whatever that's worth...

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I guess KU and KSU fans really do own more of this city than Shocker fans would like to admit.
                          What this city is full of is a bunch of Wal-Mart wearing K-State and KU t-shrit fans whose once in a lifetime opportunity to watch "their team" is at IBA. Shocker fans have 18 opportunities a year to watch their team.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            There are no monetary benefits. In fact, it most likely costs us money not playing the game in Koch Arena. What it does do is strengthen our schedule with a team that might not have come to Koch Arena and it is apparently very important for recruiting... HCGM said recruits want to see IBA and are excited to play in it whatever that's worth...

T

...:cool:
                            Well, you'll have to give me facts and figures not to believe the monetary benefits.

And not being able to get USM at Koch for a h/h is hogwash. Heck, we had UAB (same conference, maybe better rep) in to Koch as a buy-in team a few years back.

Yes, it's important for impressing recruits. USM doesn't do that. Let's get some real sizzle, bigger named teams in here so we can truly impress those recruits (even if it takes an IBA/there home arena combo).

Comment

Is Tennessee satisfactory?
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                                Is Tennessee satisfactory?
                                Yes, at least I can remember who Tenessee is.... I have to remind myself about USM...

Comment

Working...
                                X