No announcement yet.

Today's radio tidbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About our recruits... one of the things Marshall says each and every time he mentions next year's recruiting class is that they are good players, but more importantly great people with great families. I think Marshall was the deal maker and the primary reason Stutz and others are coming here. Other reasons are secondary, though important. So, if he leaves, while it doesn't guarantee that those recruits will not come here, I think (only my opinion) that it definately makes 'all bets off' and that usually isn't a good thing.

Recruits are just one aspect. Consistency and the reputation of the university are another. If you're a potential recruit considering WSU, it doesn't look good for WSU to see that you've had 3 different coaches in 3 years (Turgeon, Marshall and presumably whoever would replace him). I would think kids would want to go somewhere where the program is established and the system is also established--meaning the coach has been there long enough to get the pieces in place.

Comment

Did any of you hear the call this morning about PJ that they cut off?

Comment

lock this up!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          FWIW, and I admit it's not much, a 2 year extension isn't worth the paper it's written upon.

First of all coaches have to have multiple year contracts or else recruits won't give them the time of day.

Secondly, to a school with the budget of USC, a $1 million buyout is a 1/2 time worth of concession kickbacks at a non-conference football game. If they want to make a change, money isn't going to stand in the way.

Also, didn't that article reference the "2 time defending NIT champs"? I am fairly certain USC didn't win the NIT last year so I think that info is dated.
          West Virginia won the NIT in 07. USC in 05 and 06.

Doc is right. I wouldn't worry about it until March. Schools tend to gravitate towards the HOT coaches in the dance. Granted Marshall is just a year removed,.

I also think GM has plenty of time to get another shot later down the road.

:posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu:
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by aShock4life
            What was it?

Comment

Don't go there... Royal you better lock this up.

Comment

I missed it as well and would like to know

Comment

I don't know what was said, but if it is a negative rumor about PJ, anyone who posts it is subject to losing their posting priviledges. This is probably the rule I take most seriously and have banned several accounts for doing it. If you are thinking of posting it, I recommend a thorough reading of the guidelines.

I'm just sayin' . . .

Comment

Yeah, being banned sucks. Take it from me.

Comment

I certainly did. Wasn't it the call in with the trivia answer? They must be on a delay of sorts because the call was just cut off with nothing really said up to that point. It's impossible to know what was said or why the call was cut off.

Comment

And my reply is that....I was just asking a question..
                        you all must know something I do not to get so up tight

Comment

I have no idea what this means.

Comment

I think he was asking if anyone actually heard the question? Since no one seems to have actually heard it, or doesn't want to repeat it, then I guess we won't know.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                              I have no idea what this means.
                              It means that I guess they thought I was trying to start something in my first post about asking did anyone hear the call about PJ that got cut off..I just know that some people at my job were talking about some call that was cut off I came end at the end of thier conversation and so I thought I would ask....and then it lead to a response of lock this up ...and then the response by Royal...So I guess it must of been some rumor or something due to the fact I got those responses from them...

Comment

It was concerning relationships and wild speculation. It was in very bad taste, and I'm glad Lutz cut the guy off.

Comment

Working...
                                X