No announcement yet.

Today's radio tidbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's some chatter going on that Dave Odom's going be gone and Coach is a high target on the gamecock's list

Comment

Yea i guess a couple games ago their student section was chanting "Fire Odom"
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
        Let's hope it never comes to that. It would be a MAJOR blow to us if we lost our coach again. You think this year was bad... imagine all of those new recruits backing out again like Sampay, Bowles, etc... I think these new recruits are even higher caliber, but if coach were to leave, I think the chances that we'd get all of them anyway are slim.

Again, let's hope it doesn't happen. Hopefully coach will be willing to give us more than just a year. We deserve better.
        I doubt those guys will back out. They are coming into an ideal situation. No competition for cracking the starting lineup next season. Immediate playing time, and I mean immediate quality playing time next season for these new guys.

Comment

I see your point, but I know Stutz and Marshall have developed a strong relationship, along with Stutz's family. It will be tough to get him to stick around. Again, let's hope it DOES NOT HAPPEN!

The power of positive thinking you know can do wonders... :yes:

Comment

I thought I read on a South Carolina message board that earlier this season (a week or so ago...) they just offered Odom a contract extension. I wonder if that means he won't be leaving regardless of what the fans there think at this time... I sure hope so!

:good:

Comment

Wow, Coach gaves paid more than Dave. I guess they gave all their money to the Ol Ball Coach.

Comment

I thought I read on a South Carolina message board that earlier this season (a week or so ago...) they just offered Odom a contract extension. I wonder if that means he won't be leaving regardless of what the fans there think at this time...
                Can anyone say Barry Hinson and Missori St?

Comment

No coach comes to a school for a year and then leaves ...

oh

Comment

USC went to Arkansas and whooped 'em last night! Go Gamecocks!
                    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

This forum seems to have Marshall and VCUs Anthony Grant as the current fan favorites:

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

If you read all the way, they pretty well eliminated Marshall, Grant, and Lowery.

Interesting reading though, although I think are in the clouds a little to be considered a powerhouse in Basketball.

Comment

No, I don't think he'll even consider it, let alone leave.

I just don't see the circumstances in place for him to jump after a year. If we didn't have such a good recruiting class coming in AND USC were his alma mater (ala Huggins) AND he wasn't getting handsomely rewarded here, then maybe.

Comment

I see your point, but I know Stutz and Marshall have developed a strong relationship, along with Stutz's family. It will be tough to get him to stick around. Again, let's hope it DOES NOT HAPPEN!

The power of positive thinking you know can do wonders... :yes:
                            A normal situation during the recruiting process.....kiss the feet & the hands of the parents, get them as many game tickets as they want, etc....it all ends once the kid arrives on campus for the first day of school. This relationship of kindness only lasts until mid-August or so...

Comment

Dave just got a 2 year extentsion. it's in my last post

Comment

FWIW, and I admit it's not much, a 2 year extension isn't worth the paper it's written upon.

First of all coaches have to have multiple year contracts or else recruits won't give them the time of day.

Secondly, to a school with the budget of USC, a $1 million buyout is a 1/2 time worth of concession kickbacks at a non-conference football game. If they want to make a change, money isn't going to stand in the way.

Also, didn't that article reference the "2 time defending NIT champs"? I am fairly certain USC didn't win the NIT last year so I think that info is dated.

Comment

Working...
                                X