No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire this clown tomorrow. I don't want to hear this "we need to wait and let him recruit" business. He has absolutely destroyed this basketball team in a few short months. That was the most embarrassing display of basketball I have ever witnessed. Any Scott Thompson team would pummel these guys right now.

Comment

• The Kevin Saal era not off to a fiery start.

We’re a softball school.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The end of game strategy that somehow we’re going to hit a 3 with 20 seconds left to tie when we were 3 of 19 to that point was dumb to a new level. Make them convert one and ones with the game on the line when they’ve already proven they suck at free throws. Completely unacceptable. What is Mills thinking????

Comment

• Remember when we were all sore about being labeled mid-major and the poor tournament seed it got us?
          Remember how the move to the AAC was going to propel the program?
          Now WSU athletics is a parade of failed coaches.
          Is WSU even mid-major at this point?
          Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
            Remember when we were all sore about being labeled mid-major and the poor tournament seed it got us?
            Remember how the move to the AAC was going to propel the program?
            Now WSU athletics is a parade of failed coaches.
            Is WSU even mid-major at this point?
            remember when fans outside of Wichita said we’re gonna crater when Marshall leaves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

remember when fans outside of Wichita said we’re gonna crater when Marshall leaves?
              Not just "outside of Wichita"

Comment

Boatright, the AAC, and Marshall were a pretty destructive combination, or maybe should say a self destructivw combination.

Comment

If we had a competent AD with a quarter brain, the transition would’ve been a lot smoother and perhaps we wouldn’t have missed a beat.

I just hope the Marshall is a meanie crowd are happy they got their wish. We have a nice coach now. 2 in a row in fact.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If we had a competent AD with a quarter brain, the transition would’ve been a lot smoother and perhaps we wouldn’t have missed a beat.

I just hope the Marshall is a meanie crowd are happy they got their wish. We have a nice coach now. 2 in a row in fact.
                    A coach can be a nice guy and still be a winner. The two are not mutually exclusive. Hell, the bare minimum is that the coach not physically abuse players. As far as we know, every other coach in the NCAA doesn't physically abuse his respective players and a whole of of those coaches manage to win a lot of games.

We just happened to have two of the dumbest guys picking the specific nice guys we hired to be our coach.

Paul Mills may go down as one of the worst hires this program has ever seen. I certainly hope not. I hope this year was just a series of colossal recruiting misses and next year will be better. But I saw absolutely no coaching tonight. Not any. And this ****ing chump is making over $1mm per year.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                      The end of game strategy that somehow we’re going to hit a 3 with 20 seconds left to tie when we were 3 of 19 to that point was dumb to a new level. Make them convert one and ones with the game on the line when they’ve already proven they suck at free throws. Completely unacceptable. What is Mills thinking????
                      I said this in the game thread. Absolutely mindnumbingly dumb coaching strategy. No excuse. Just none.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I'm fairly tolerant as a fan, I survived the era between Fogler and Turgeon, but Paul Mills makes Scott Thompson and Mike Cohen look like proponents of "Play Angry" compared to him. He just wanders around with his index cards not watching the game or making adjustments. The team is moving backwards from where they were at the start of the season. The Chuck looks half-empty at all times now. I'm thinking about cancelling ESPN+ so I'm not tempted to look into games.

Comment

• Knew I could wade into this cesspool today for a good laugh.

Let's dig into this a bit more. See attached photo of this team versus a PM team that he brings up with his own recruits who can play his style. Start with Adjusted Tempo - same, year over year. But look at the offense - we're ranked 215 in the country, and his guys at OR were 32nd. Why? Because these categories were better than ours: Effective FG%, TO%, 2P%, 3P%, and FT%. What does that tell you?

To me, it's a skill issue. These guys suck. Last year we had an NBA point guard on our team to facilitate. We're quite a ways away from that. Let him get his guys in - if you thought we were going to have a Jerome Tange level turnaround in one season, I don't know what to tell you.
                          Attached Files
                          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                            Knew I could wade into this cesspool today for a good laugh.

Let's dig into this a bit more. See attached photo of this team versus a PM team that he brings up with his own recruits who can play his style. Start with Adjusted Tempo - same, year over year. But look at the offense - we're ranked 215 in the country, and his guys at OR were 32nd. Why? Because these categories were better than ours: Effective FG%, TO%, 2P%, 3P%, and FT%. What does that tell you?

To me, it's a skill issue. These guys suck. Last year we had an NBA point guard on our team to facilitate. We're quite a ways away from that. Let him get his guys in - if you thought we were going to have a Jerome Tange level turnaround in one season, I don't know what to tell you.
                            7 of the 12 players are his guys. This team also looked pretty good against the level of competition that HCPM's ORU teams played against.

If you are trying to say this is all on the players and poor ole Paul Mills has no fault .. well .. I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

7 of the 12 players are his guys. This team also looked pretty good against the level of competition that HCPM's ORU teams played against.

If you are trying to say this is all on the players and poor ole Paul Mills has no fault .. well .. I don't know what to tell you.
                              Cute quip, but I wouldn't really say those 7 players are "his guys". Recruiting is a long-term process - it doesn't usually involve signing a guy ONE DAY before your team flies to Greece for three games. So forgive me, but I'm not going to say that this is a roster he was confident in. Never said he's not too blame for some issues....I'm just saying Craig Porter Jr isn't running out of that tunnel this year.
                              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

Cute quip, but I wouldn't really say those 7 players are "his guys". Recruiting is a long-term process - it doesn't usually involve signing a guy ONE DAY before your team flies to Greece for three games. So forgive me, but I'm not going to say that this is a roster he was confident in. Never said he's not too blame for some issues....I'm just saying Craig Porter Jr isn't running out of that tunnel this year.
                                The funny part .. the guy he signed ONE DAY before the trip is arguably his best recruit.

I guess we will see... if he doesn't kick some of these guys to the curb .. it wont matter, since most all of them are eligible to come back. So no excuses for year 2

Comment

Working...
                                X