Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    Things can spark up fast and die out fast. If Tang has another season next year like this past one, will there be grumblings in Kittyville, despite his phenomenal first season?
    Band,
    Thanks for being a voice of reason.
    However, the finger pointers on here (and there are many) who have no clue what is involved in restarting, let alone running a D1 program will continue with their bullshit.
    However, it is the internet and some can portray themselves as an expert when in reality, they don't know jack ****.

Give this staff a chance to do their thing.
    If they do not have a reasonable amount of success starting next year, well then it will be torches and pitch forks throughout the streets.
    But until then, go back to your mothers basement to smoke weed and play video games all day.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
      Which is more productive for a brand new coach?
      Go recruit.
      Meet with both of your teams.
      Find out which players will potentially transfer out.
      Help get your family situated.
      Hire a staff to help in all matters.

Me. Family first, team meetings second, hire staff to help in all matters.

Just curious what others prioritize.
      Just as a challenge. If you had two HS aged kids .. would you be in a rush to move them in March vs waiting until May after they have finished their school for that semester?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Band,
        However, the finger pointers on here (and there are many) who have no clue what is involved in restarting, let alone running a D1 program will continue with their bullshit.
        However, it is the internet and some can portray themselves as an expert when in reality, they don't know jack ****.

If they do not have a reasonable amount of success starting next year, well then it will be torches and pitch forks throughout the streets.
        But until then, go back to your mothers basement to smoke weed and play video games all day.

That is all.
        Thanks, Ref. Add that the rules of the game are moving constantly, with transfers and the NIL pretty much a wild west free for all right now. All this chaos may kill college athletics if the powers that be aren't careful. At least a bit of stability and sanity in the system is needed.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Band,

That is all.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Maybe he'll be better this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Just as a challenge. If you had two HS aged kids .. would you be in a rush to move them in March vs waiting until May after they have finished their school for that semester?
              No, but there is more to a city to city move than moving the family. There are financial things , home sale, home purchase among a few. Everyone is different as far as how imbedded they are in their respective communities and organizations within those communities. Doesn't mean all have to be done first thing, but some do and some can be done later. But they all take time away from other things, like finding staff.
              When we are young, a move is no big deal. When you have responsibilities within the community you and your family have been imbedded in for years, not so cut and dry.

Comment

No, but there is more to a city to city move than moving the family. There are financial things , home sale, home purchase among a few. Everyone is different as far as how imbedded they are in their respective communities and organizations within those communities. Doesn't mean all have to be done first thing, but some do and some can be done later. But they all take time away from other things, like finding staff.
                When we are young, a move is no big deal. When you have responsibilities within the community you and your family have been imbedded in for years, not so cut and dry.
                I agree with all that. It just doesn't feel like that should be the number one priority when you have a limited time window for other things. It's also not like Tulsa is on another continent. Those things can be done later.. Or as Mills wife said herself... By the wife.

Comment

Which is more productive for a brand new coach?
                  Go recruit.
                  Meet with both of your teams.
                  Find out which players will potentially transfer out.
                  Help get your family situated.
                  Hire a staff to help in all matters.

Me. Family first, team meetings second, hire staff to help in all matters.

Just curious what others prioritize.
                  multitasking, you don't do any of it in order

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dan;n1437010]

Even when multitasking, you have to set priorities. So that doesn't really answer my question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

multitasking, you don't do any of it in order
                      I guess you've never run a business. There are always priorities, You can't meet with two teams in different cities, meet individually with players, interview candidates and recruits and arrange for relocation of your family all at precisely 1:00 PM on March 14.
                      Multitasking is the ability to intermingle tasks to achieve goals. Not do them all at once. That's why hiring staff is important. But family always comes first.

​​​​

Comment

• I just reached out to Jack Schitt. He was very engaging once he was certain my reason for calling him wasn’t intended to mean Schitt. I shared some of what is going on within the SN dysfunctional family. He chuckled and said he didn’t give 2-schitts what stick and his camp were saying, or what Atxshoxfan and his minions were saying. He would have shared more of his schitty insight but nature called him away to take an actual S h i t. He encourage me to call him any time to get additional insight on more Schitt, which just happens to be his 3rd cousin, twice removed. Now I feel the need to go shave and shower.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                          I just reached out to Jack Schitt. He was very engaging once he was certain my reason for calling him wasn’t intended to mean Schitt. I shared some of what is going on within the SN dysfunctional family. He chuckled and said he didn’t give 2-schitts what stick and his camp were saying, or what Atxshoxfan and his minions were saying. He would have shared more of his schitty insight but nature called him away to take an actual S h i t. He encourage me to call him any time to get additional insight on more Schitt, which just happens to be his 3rd cousin, twice removed. Now I feel the need to go shave and shower.
                          Your saying that I have minions? Not sure whether to celebrate or cry.

Comment

Your saying that I have minions? Not sure whether to celebrate or cry.
                            You are the celebrated king of the minions my friend.

Comment

• Good God, seeing Stickboy and his jargon in every other post gives one a major case of mental exhaustion.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Maybe it's as simple as Mills underestimated the level of player he would need to compete in the AAC. I mean Marshall mentioned how it was eye opening his first year in the Valley how much different athlete he needed to compete versus the Big South. Marshall said he would have to adjust and he did.

Let's see what Mills does for year 2.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X