SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (6-3) at WICHITA STATE (7-3) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    If there is such a thing as a disappointing win, that was it. Maybe frustrating is a better word, Once SIU cut off the passing into the paint, the Shox had nothing. We're pretty used to winning ugly, but that's because the games were defense-oriented. This game looked more like bad basketball ugly.
    I’m just tired of ugly wins tbh. Seems like we’ve always played down to the opponent as opposed to beating their socks off them.

Comment

• 8-3 is better than 7-4. Learn and move on to Wildcats! Crowd sounded loud on TV!

Comment

• I'm curious what we do or talk about at halftime. We tend to come out in the second half with no energy and no plan and give up big runs quickly.

Comment

• We had five turnovers, outrebounded them, pretty even on shooting stats and yet we still only win by one at home. Not sure how much better this team can play with our deficiencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m just tired of ugly wins tbh. Seems like we’ve always played down to the opponent as opposed to beating their socks off them.
            We don’t have the personnel to be in a position to play down to anyone, let alone SIU who is a good team.

Comment

• If Pohto would lean to use the backboard on those shots at the basket, he would probably make more than he misses.
              KP and QB both can't score if anyone is between them and the hoop.

Comment

• Crowd was nice. Especially after debacle last week. Don’t have a ton else to say.

Played pretty meh. Rogers is good, need him to shoot more in general. Will have to play way better on Saturday to have a prayer.

Comment

• Whew! Rim protection without fouling. DeGray? We need him. Roger's got real hot or we lose. How good was Johnson? He had 9 assists and the Shocks had 10. We now face K-State at 8-3. If we keep our turnovers to 6 as tonight, we have a chance.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Whew! Rim protection without fouling. DeGray? We need him. Roger's got real hot or we lose. How good was Johnson? He had 9 assists and the Shocks had 10. We now face K-State at 8-3. If we keep our turnovers to 6 as tonight, we have a chance.
                    Have you watched K State this year? I don't think we have a way to stop Kaluma.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I’m hoping some of WSU's weaknesses are a result of not having Mills’ ideal roster, but that second half was sloppy at both ends.

To my untrained eye, the offense seems to lack off-ball movement. Wayyyy too much standing around by those who aren't dribbling or screening. Pohto can’t seem to get anything to fall lately and Ballard has virtually no post moves so it's not really an option to toss it inside. Colby Rogers bailed WSU out when they needed buckets.

The defense really struggled to keep track of everyone on the court in the second half. It felt like someone was always getting open out of nowhere.

Nice to hear the crowd get loud multiple times.

Comment

Well if we don’t have a chance, there’s no reason to go or watch on ESPN.

Comment

• Odd stat of the game. Bell and Rodgers were the only 2 Shockers to make a field goal in the 2nd half. That is not the kind of balance that will lead to a lot of success in the long run.

Comment

We will see about that soon. Of course they will be favored to beat us. If we only have 6 turnovers, our slim chances improve.

The Shocks need some inbounds plays. We struggle getting the ball in too often.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Odd stat of the game. Bell and Rodgers were the only 2 Shockers to make a field goal in the 2nd half. That is not the kind of balance that will lead to a lot of success in the long run.
                              Holy crap. That's no bueno.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I know some aren’t thrilled with XB. However, he is playing out of position and still is doing his part to try to get things to happen. Without him, we would have lost easily tonight. He’s not afraid to attack the basket. He’s far more aggressive than a certain big man we have from Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                                X