SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (4-4) at WICHITA STATE (7-2) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Probably an error but scoresandodds.com is showing that the game is on espn+.........looked at espn+ schedule and not seeing it though
    I've seen a few write ups from elsewhere showing that as well. I think at this point, it's just an assumption from those that don't really have a vested interest in the game and don't bother looking it up.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
      Not sure where the best place to throw this, but with Tomlin at K-State officially getting let go, why not let him play out this year in the state of Kansas?? It would be nice to have a rotation of 8 instead of 7 haha
      Mills wouldn't do that to Tang

Comment

Highlights from Saturday's game will be released in this format:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Mills wouldn't do that to Tang
          Maybe, but what would he be doing to Tang. Tang has already been gored apparently by the KSU president. In fact, if Tang can't have this player he might actually prefer he plays for one of his buddies. Now, I don't think Mills would go after him without Tang's blessing plus he would want Tang's input on the character of the young man.

WSU is kind of in a unique position of having a scholarship available (I think). The question is where would Tang's minutes come from. Too bad he is not a point guard. Plus Mills will want to consider what are the risks to team chemistry of bringing a guy who will take minutes from someone and who is new to your system. Since Tomlin would be a 1 semester and done guy is it worth it?

Tomlin may say screw it if he can find a place to play pro ball.

Comment

is the K State game being televised anywhere? It's not even listed on the Wichita State's game schedule on ESPN, much less on the ESPN+ broadcast schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              is the K State game being televised anywhere? It's not even listed on the Wichita State's game schedule on ESPN, much less on the ESPN+ broadcast schedule.
              I thought it was supposed to be on +. But that may have just been an assumption. I've been wondering why it's not on the WSU ESPN page for a few weeks now.

The schedule on Go Shockers shows it will be on ESPN+
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's listed on upcoming on ESPN+

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

It's listed on upcoming on ESPN+
                  Good deal. It's not listed on the ESPN phone app but I don't think you get a complete listing there.

Comment

Good deal. It's not listed on the ESPN phone app but I don't think you get a complete listing there.
                    Unfortunately tomorrow's game doesn't appear to be on for some reason.

Comment

I presume since WSU is saying attending the game is the only way to watch the Shockers this weekend that it will not be broadcast or streamed anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I presume since WSU is saying attending the game is the only way to watch the Shockers this weekend that it will not be broadcast or streamed anywhere.
                        That was a great way to advertise that this matchup isn’t even worth putting on tv.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That was a great way to advertise that this matchup isn’t even worth putting on tv.
                          Doubt they even thought of it that way. Total swing and a miss. Feel sorry for the players and coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That’s so dumb. How is it I can watch us play against any other team except this one? So dumb it actually makes me angry. This doesn’t *help* them. It just pisses off fans. If they want to fans back in seats, then lower prices, accept a cost to get fan buy-in, and then WIN. That’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

That’s so dumb. How is it I can watch us play against any other team except this one? So dumb it actually makes me angry. This doesn’t *help* them. It just pisses off fans. If they want to fans back in seats, then lower prices, accept a cost to get fan buy-in, and then WIN. That’s it.
                              If you really want your concerns addressed I would suggest you communicate with ADKS. He (or someone) will probably respond in some fashion if you approach him in a mature manner.

Comment

"Curiously, the only regular-season game not currently scheduled to be televised is the annual Intrust Bank Arena game when WSU plays South Dakota State at 6 p.m. Saturday Dec. 9. In years past, the matchup has always been broadcast on linear television. Because the game is hosted by a third party and not WSU, Global Sports Management has the rights to broadcast the game. The downtown arena could potentially host an ESPN+ broadcast, although there are obstacles to make that happen. It is still possible for a network to pick up the game once the season begins if WSU has early success.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article280149969.html#storylink=cpy"

This was from Taylors story when the schedule first came out.

Sounds like its the management companies decision and not WSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X