This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Soccer Sucks Reason #1

That sensitivity is lacking in Germany, said Dombowski, where many soccer teams have active neo-Nazi fan blocs who use game time to build contacts and recruit new members. Those same fans shower foreign players with chanted racist slurs and songs, and display neo-Nazi symbols on banners and posters.

“In eastern Germany, (the Nazi element) is more open,” Dombowski said in an interview with DW-WORLD. “In the west, it has gotten more subtle, more hidden. They use codes and new symbols instead of the swastika.”

Replacing the jungle calls that once greeted players from the African continent are numbers like “88.” The number 8 being the numerical equivalent of the letter ”H," and "88" being skinhead code for "Heil Hitler."

Under pressure following numerous incidents of racist activity in Europe’s soccer stadiums, the sport’s governing body held its first-ever conference on battling racism among fans and players.
    Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

so you can't come up with your own reasons why and find and post some gruesome garbage?

Comment

Yes, soccer is garbage.
        Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

My reason is I think it's boring. Is that a good enough reason?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            so you can't come up with your own reasons why and find and post some gruesome garbage?
            Reasons I dislike soccer:

1) Extra time: Why not just stop the clock when someone fakes an injury or has a penalty shot? Works fine with EVERY OTHER SPORT.

2) Fake injuries: If you're hurt, you're hurt, but don't waste my time faking one and laying there acting like an idiot.

3) The fans: Seriously, do you have to set fires in the stadium, threaten to kill someone if they miss a penalty shot or sing incoherent songs throughout the game? Songs should be left to little league softball.

4) No hands: God gave you hands, use them.

5) Kicking a ball: Everyone can do it, thus it takes less skill than hitting a 90mph fastball, tackling a 220 pound man running as fast as he can or shooting a ball into a round hole from 22ft away. Why do you think everyone hates kickers in football? Because most guys on the team can hit a 35 yard FG.

6) Riots after a win: This happens more in soccer than any other sport on earth, imo. Why wreck a city after a WIN? You should be happy!

Reasons I like soccer:

1) The announcers: A goal is finally scored? Hilarity ensues!

2) The bicycle kick: One word: Fancy.

I can't think of anything else.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

because it's called FOOTBALL. you use your feet to kick a ball

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                because it's called FOOTBALL. you use your feet to kick a ball

Not in the United States of America!
                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                X