This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
    Ill only watch Soccer if its the World Cup.

Outside of that ill pass..
    There are some league teams that have better lineups top to bottom than the best national teams. Watching a couple of uber squads go toe to toe in say a champions league game is really something. Watching Barcelona take on say a chelsea for example or a game of that magnitude is pretty awsome. Often times more entertaining than world cup games. But to each their own. And of course there are always rivalries. Watching rangers and cletic play is like the yanks and the sox. Sometimes its more than the quality of the players. Watching a good game at any level or scale is still a good game and I dont care if your talking about soccer or football, pop warner or the pros. Well at least thats how i see it... But i love sport for sport.

Comment

Chelsea? Pfft. Arsenal, all the way. Fabregas is only a young pup but he can weave magic.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
        hotel paper, those people that say soccer sucks will never give a reason why. All they can say is that it sucks. But that's alright, everybody has a right to their own opinion.
        Although I can appreciate the skill high level soccer players display, the game is weak. I've never seen such a sport where every 5 minutes a player takes a dive and fakes an injury like these idiots:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Throw in the lunatic fans that fight and kill other fans, governments and other idiotic fans assasinate players that miss penalty shots or give up a game winning goal, and the unbearable pace of the game - I'd rather watch paint dry.

Anybody can kick a round bouncy ball through a set of goal posts, heck, my 15 month old already does that. But it takes real athletic ability to hit a 95mph fastball, catch and run with a ball with 11 other guys wanting to kill you, dribble with eyes up and shoot a ball into a small round hoop 10 feet in the air. Now that's skill.

Soccer is boring and yes, I tried to give it a shot when the World Cup was in the U.S in the 90's. But alas, the only entertainment I derive from the game is watching the girly men fall down and act like their being killed when they got tripped. Gimme a break!

Comment

Why soccer sucks:

Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

^great reason :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
              ^great reason :roll:
              Take the time to watch this, there's your reason.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

a small minorityof players who are wussies do that

Comment

LOL at how a Hate Creighton thread turned into a Hate Soccer thread.

They're both comparable though. They both do suck.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

LOL at how a Hate Creighton thread turned into a Hate Soccer thread.

They're both comparable though. They both do suck.
                    Correct!

:yahoo:
                    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

^maybe you should express your reasons why instead of listing some crappy link on why futbol sucks

Comment

nice comments coldblooded! that was some pretty good stuff.

they answer to the pope

btw. soccer is pretty cool. but i can understand anyone hating it. it takes a lot of talent though.
                        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

There are sports I choose not to watch (tennis, and horse racing, for example) but I don't go on and on about how much I hate those sports.

The fact that soccer draws so much hate from some people is really funny and honestly makes me like it more. I hope it gets more and more popular in the US.

Comment

David Beckham's trying to do that. Even though, he's too old to be effective anymore on the pitch, I'm kinda glad he's here

Comment

yeah becks isnt what he used to be. hes got old legs. But he can still curve a ball onto a penny from about 60 yards. You cant ask for a better guy to deliver the ball to the forwards. He was always over rated though. He was never much more than a good leg. But he delivers the ball about as well as anyone.

Comment

Swastikas are seen during the Italian Serie A soccer match between Lazio and Livorno in Rome. With the World Cup starting this month, an anti-racism group in Germany is so concerned that it has warned non-white visitors to avoid rural areas outside Berlin.

By Giuseppe Calzuola, AP
                                Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X