Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new walk on

transfer from ULL:

6-9 Kadeem Coleby, will sit out and have one year left starting next season.

Averaged 9.5, 4.9, 2.4blks for ULL last season in 30 games.

This per Paul's twitter https://de.twitter.com/PaulSuellentrop

Mentions Bush as the other walk on. I wonder if this means A.) Joe Mitchell is not on the team any longer or B.) Bush did not receive his release and doesn't actually count as one of the walk ons this year.

EDIT: not 100 percent sure but looks to be another Canadian

I don't believe there's any limit to the number of walkons a school can have, so I don't think this would have any effect on Mitchell.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
      Mentions Bush as the other walk on. I wonder if this means A.) Joe Mitchell is not on the team any longer or B.) Bush did not receive his release and doesn't actually count as one of the walk ons this year.
      I didn't read anything in Sully's tweets that indicated Bush and Coleby were the only walk-ons on the roster. So no reason at this point to think the Joe is not on the team. As Aargh stated there is no limit to the number of walk-ons AFAIK.

Also, Coleby's status as a walk-on vs a scholarship player next year is unkown at this point. He might pay his own way his transfer year and be on scholarship next year as was the case with Malcolm Armstead.

Comment

Damn, we're sure going to look good at the airport... :fat:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Something to point out, he's from Houston, Texas. Another Texas kid on the roster.

He was also on the Bahamian junior national team. Seemed to play for some AAU team in Canada too. He's all over the world.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I believe there is 13 scholarships and 15 total per mens team. maybe I'm wrong

Comment

There's no limit on the number of walk-ons. Only a limit on how many can suit up/play during any given game (15). That's rarely an issue. I know KU had 16 one year and the walk-ons rotated who didn't dress. But in this case, neither Bush nor Coleby would be able to play this year anyway.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

transfer from ULL:

6-9 Kadeem Coleby, will sit out and have one year left starting next season.

Averaged 9.5, 4.9, 2.4blks for ULL last season in 30 games.

This per Paul's twitter https://de.twitter.com/PaulSuellentrop

EDIT: not 100 percent sure but looks to be another Canadian
                "Tubby Following Caribbean big
                08/06/2008 GopherIllustrated.com
                One of the several frontcourt players that Tubby Smith followed this July is Humble, Texas big Kadeem Coleby. At 6-foot-9 and 225 pounds Coleby plays at Christian Life Center and he arrived in Texas by way of the Caribbean."
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Something to point out, he's from Houston, Texas. Another Texas kid on the roster.
                  Texas? He is from the Bahama's then via Canada. He did attend prep school in Texas I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    There's no limit on the number of walk-ons. Only a limit on how many can suit up/play during any given game (15). That's rarely an issue. I know KU had 16 one year and the walk-ons rotated who didn't dress. But in this case, neither Bush nor Coleby would be able to play this year anyway.
                    I was wrong then, good to know.

Comment

Texas? He is from the Bahama's then via Canada. He did attend prep school in Texas I believe.
                      I meant that he graduated HS from a school in Texas, with regards to our recruiting footprint.

Comment

Coleby was a three star by both Rivals and Scout when he joined ULL. It's possible this could complete our 2013 class if Hawkins gets here. However, with visitors coming in, I believe we will sign at least one more.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

A 6'9" 225lb, 3-star walk-on? This is new...

It's a great day!

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballre...m-Coleby-84273

A 6'9" 225lb, 3-star walk-on? This is new...

It's a great day!

T

250 on his updated ESPN player profile (not a recruit profile, his profile from ULL).

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              250 on his updated ESPN player profile (not a recruit profile, his profile from ULL).
                              CHUB ALERT!

Can somebody Photoshop this new guy onto Kai's picture opposite Lufile with Wiggins and and Cle in the middle? All I'll need then is a moist towel and seclusion until the first tip-off.

I'm sorry, did I go to far?

T

Comment

Working...
                              X