Intrust Ticket Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
    Well, the standard deduction used to be $12,600, so if that was all you were deducting, it wouldn't have made any difference.
    Yeah, I was shooting out easy math .. make it $16,000, or whatever, and the point still stands.

Originally posted by rjl View Post
    A tax deduction is a financial incentive to maintain charitable contributions just the same as it is to initiate them.
    I know that's what some economists and bean counters think about all tax deductions, but that's not how the _vast majority_ of this country that actually donates thinks.

We don't tithe because we get a tax deduction. We do however take a tax deduction if we tithe, though.

We don't buy season tickets because we get a tax deduction. We do, however, take a tax deduction because we bought season tickets.

Now for wealthy folks looking to squirrel away money, sure tax incentives are a completely different animal to them. So I get what you are saying. But we're talking about the average WSU fan here that tithes and buys season tickets. We're not talking about incentives for the top 5% to go create a foundation.

Economically speaking, the reason ticket sales sucks has almost nothing to do with tax deductions, and way more about a subpar product in the arena for several years aggravated with middle class income erosion due to inflation.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Ticket office is running a promotion for the UNT, ECU, UTSA games through January 4. $20 is a pretty good deal for the UNT game in particular.

Comment

• $20 to see the Shox winning is a great promo. Should get some new fans wanting to see more.

Shox SHOULD win those 3, and should win two the way they were winning in their last days in the Valley.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• What did the cheapest seat for the Intrust game end of being? Just checked the T Mobile site and they have $10 tix for the KState game. That seems like a heck of a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            What did the cheapest seat for the Intrust game end of being? Just checked the T Mobile site and they have $10 tix for the KState game. That seems like a heck of a deal.
            I believe $15
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              What did the cheapest seat for the Intrust game end of being? Just checked the T Mobile site and they have $10 tix for the KState game. That seems like a heck of a deal.
              I think getting people in the door is 90% of it. Something they've not quite figured out in Wichita. And they're so far off at Intrust they might as well be stationed at the north pole.

Comment

• IBA just hosted Pentatonix and had 11K+ in attendance. They had to open up more seating for the event a week or two ago.

A good product attracts a crowd.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  IBA just hosted Pentatonix and had 11K+ in attendance. They had to open up more seating for the event a week or two ago.

A good product attracts a crowd.
                  I went to the Pentatonix show last night. They mentioned it being a sell out several times. It was also a great performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post

I went to the Pentatonix show last night. They mentioned it being a sell out several times. It was also a great performance.
                    I have a friend that went with his wife and kids. I've yet to see them live but they are amazing.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I have a friend that went with his wife and kids. I've yet to see them live but they are amazing.
                      They are great, but not the same without Avi
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                      X