Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intrust Ticket Sales

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

    Yes, Row Q. Originally was in 206 right above, one of my favorite cheaper spots at IBA.
    We were just in front of you.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      What's the effing point of pulling the curtains on a game with no tv?
      That is not a good look. Like, really, really bad. Fireable offense bad. Imagine being out of the area, out of state, maybe out of the country, maybe you're a graduate, or you're a donor. And you just want to tune in and catch a little bit of the game and all you get is this.





      Inexcusable. I'm not in charge, but if I was, believe me, I would be thinking this on the way into the office Monday morning.

      Comment


      • I’ve seen more people in a QT at 730.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rize Ballz View Post
          Luckily it wasn’t on television. Get rid of the Intrust game….it is to the point nothing good comes out of it.
          From what I heard was actually the game was broadcasted on ESPN+, it was just blacked out by the promoter in certain areas to try and force ticket sales

          Comment


          • I'm probably never going back to Intrust, for a game or for a concert. I'm not going to spring for good seats, and the cheap seats have zero value.

            Comment


            • Was the “promotor” some rando homeless guy off the street that FADDB hooked us up with as a favor? I know absolutely nothing about that racket but I’m fairly certain I could have done a more competent job.

              ADKS is off to a great start but it’s clear he still has a good amount of dead wood to clear out of the cupboard. Like an inertia that has to bleed off its nincompoop energy before it can be properly disposed of.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Was the “promotor” some rando homeless guy off the street that FADDB hooked us up with as a favor? I know absolutely nothing about that racket but I’m fairly certain I could have done a more competent job.

                ADKS is off to a great start but it’s clear he still has a good amount of dead wood to clear out of the cupboard. Like an inertia that has to bleed off its nincompoop energy before it can be properly disposed of.
                I believe the promoter this year was an ADKS decision to get it to be a neutral game. ADKS has been great so far, but he's going to need to find a balance on these games of giving up control and getting the NET benefit.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

                  From what I heard was actually the game was broadcasted on ESPN+, it was just blacked out by the promoter in certain areas to try and force ticket sales
                  I can guarantee you the game was not on ESPN+. I wanted to watch.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

                  Comment


                  • How much longer are we obligated to Intrust? Why do we need it until program is restored significantly?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      How much longer are we obligated to Intrust? Why do we need it until program is restored significantly?
                      It does seem comical at this point.. If the school is unable to schedule a good draw, let alone find a way to televise the game then what is the point of playing a game at Intrust lol

                      Comment


                      • I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating something that has already been discussed. But here is what I don't understand. Intrust Bank Arena is supposed to seat around 15,000 people for basketball. Koch Arena seats around 10,000. Now, I'm no math genius here but I know 15,000 is more than 10,000. With the increased number of seats, the competition for seats should be less at Intrust for a Shocker game and therefore the ticket price should be lower. People have mentioned that for this game, they closed off the entire upper section and would not allow those seats to be sold. People have also said the cheapest tickets were like $75? To me, that looks like trying to create artificial scarcity to drive up ticket prices. It kind of pisses me off.

                        It's the exact opposite approach that should be taken toward having the Shocks play an annual game at Intrust. Look, a lot of taxpayer money went into building that arena. And WSU is a public university as well. We pay taxes to support the university. And then they create artificial scarcity in a public arena to drive up ticket prices? It should be a FREE game for the public. Sounds crazy in a world where someone is trying to make a buck off of everything, but yeah it should be an annual FREE game. You want people to come out? You make it an annual FREE GAME at Intrust. Open the ticket office three hours before tip-off and just hand out tickets until they are gone. That will get butts in seats. The public already pays to support the arena and the university.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rjl View Post
                          SDSU is not a draw at all, no matter how good they are.

                          The entire idea behind an "Intrust" game should be to play a team that won't play us at home but rather wants a neutral site. Somehow that's morphed into "taking the best home game of the year and moving it to Intrust."
                          Quoting my earlier post as a reference.

                          Given the colossal failure this game was all the way around, if they aren't going to use the Intrust game to lure a "neutral-only" team to Wichita, then they need to take it away from the promoter and make it a game where all the cheese goes into the NIL coffers. At least that way people might have a little more motivation to buy tickets.

                          There is a cloud of apathy surrounding the program and they need to start lighting sparks to regain some interest.
                          Last edited by rjl; December 12, 2023, 06:04 PM.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

                            I know this is an apples-oranges comparison, but the cheapest set of 4 season tickets at Koch is $3040 (SASO payment included in that number). Meanwhile, K-State has a special for 4 season tickets for $900 (no Ahearn Fund donation required).

                            If WSU ever wants me to have season tickets again, that’s what they need to start doing. I can wrap my head around that kind of K-State number. Not so much for WSU number.
                            $3040 for the 4 cheapest is shocking to me, no pun intended. Creighton is similar to K-State, you can get 4 anywhere in the upper bowl except mezzanine for $940 with no “required donation.” Youth tickets are half of that. I pay $1200 for 2 baseline seats 14 rows off the court, that figure includes the required donation. Donation amounts have risen for new buyers and I’m grandfathered in at a lower amount. Still, it seems more affordable than WSU and that’s for a ranked team.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JayPak View Post

                              $3040 for the 4 cheapest is shocking to me, no pun intended. Creighton is similar to K-State, you can get 4 anywhere in the upper bowl except mezzanine for $940 with no “required donation.” Youth tickets are half of that. I pay $1200 for 2 baseline seats 14 rows off the court, that figure includes the required donation. Donation amounts have risen for new buyers and I’m grandfathered in at a lower amount. Still, it seems more affordable than WSU and that’s for a ranked team.
                              WSU is still living on 2010s era pricing. Seems like a stupid philosophy.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.
                              ________________
                              "Enjoy the ride."

                              - a smart man

                              Comment


                              • I understand that CU has more capacity and therefore can sell some seats cheaper, but if WSU isn’t filling the seats they have then they should find the pricing sweet spot where supply and demand intersect. If athletic department is unwilling to lower base prices (once prices go up they rarely come down), they should offer multi game packages, discount coupons at the grocery store, give out youth vouchers at schools, offer discounted extras to existing season ticket holders, etc.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X