SAINT LOUIS (4-1) vs. WICHITA STATE (4-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Looks a little like him but totally different games. Noah was strong inside but couldn't shoot from outside at all. Even free-throws were an adventure for him. KP is not that strong inside but has good shooting touch, although he hasn't shot that well from outside in games.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I did not expect 5-1. Good for the team, program and Coach Mills!

I posed this question privately to a few elites, but if you stretch just a bit, the next 6 games can be considered winnable. What's our record going into the Ku game?

5-7
      6-6
      7-5
      8-4
      9-3
      10-2
      11-1

(Full disclosure: I posed this to others prior to last night's game and I was between 8-4 & 7-5 and landed on 7-5).

Kenpom has us going 4 and 2 with a record of 9 and 3 going into the KU game. I'm good with that prediction.

Comment

• https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...282086668.html

Nothing against any other student athlete anywhere, but this is so refreshing it's difficult to put into words. What an amazing approach to his craft. There was a ton to like about Joy's first big minutes last night, none more likeable than his post game comments. Play like last night is going to make him a fan favorite in short order.

I knew he played a lot, but I didn't realize he came in at 15:39 and did not come out the rest of the half. Unreal.

Comment

I posed this question privately to a few elites, but if you stretch just a bit, the next 6 games can be considered winnable. What's our record going into the Ku game?

5-7
          6-6
          7-5
          8-4
          9-3
          10-2
          11-1

(Full disclosure: I posed this to others prior to last night's game and I was between 8-4 & 7-5 and landed on 7-5).

Can you define your definition of “a few elites’ and what was their response? I’m curious as to what the “elite” media, coaches, and college BB pundits had to say.

Comment

• I thought only Shockernetters were the elites.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

my meter must not be workin
              You ought to get that looked at. I know the majority of the board doesn’t agree but I like this team. We have good size and chemistry. We do have some talent . The guys seem to be responding to the coaching so I don’t see any reason that we can’t continue to improve. Continue to work in Joy and Jacob to build some depth. Hopefully our OU transfer is eligible after this semester. I don’t see any reason we can’t end up in the top 3 in conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Shouldn't we just call Ighovocia- Iga or Igy
                I think if you call him either Joy or Iggy will no who your are referring to.

Comment

• Next 6 game?

Norfolk State - W - 6-1
                  Richmond - (I'd like to watch their game tonight before making a prediction} but since it's at home - W - 7-1
                  Missouri - L - 7-2
                  SDSU - W - 8-2
                  SIU - W - 9-2
                  KSU - L - 9-3

I think we'll be 9-4 going into conference play.

I think by the end of January we'll be around 11-10

End of February 14-15

Start of AAC tournament 15-16

I think 17 would be the ceiling and 12 is the floor.
                  Last edited by SubGod22; November 20, 2023, 04:20 PM.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I posed this question privately to a few elites, but if you stretch just a bit, the next 6 games can all be considered winnable. What's our record going into the Ku game?

5-7
                    6-6
                    7-5
                    8-4
                    9-3
                    10-2
                    11-1

I think anything below 9-3 is a disappointment, but I truly think 10-2 is very possible
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...282086668.html

Nothing against any other student athlete anywhere, but this is so refreshing it's difficult to put into words. What an amazing approach to his craft. There was a ton to like about Joy's first big minutes last night, none more likeable than his post game comments. Play like last night is going to make him a fan favorite in short order.

I knew he played a lot, but I didn't realize he came in at 15:39 and did not come out the rest of the half. Unreal.
                      Here is a non-paywall link to this article. Worth reading every word.

https://news.yahoo.com/freshman-joy-...hssrp_catchall

I have noticed over my many years how many foreign born individuals, especially from developing countries, don't seem to have a sense of entitlement and seem much more grateful for their opportunities then many, if not most, native born Americans with the determination to make the most of those opportunities.

If Joy continues to work hard and maintain his outlook he will indeed bring Joy to his family and to Shocker fans.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2023, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• They bless the rains down in Aaaafricaaa
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          They bless the rains down in Aaaafricaaa
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                            Good game by the guys last night. It appears that they are responding to the coaching staff. Good minutes from Jacob and Joy. Ridgnal is a rebounding hound. Excellent late pick up for the Shocks. Kenny, X and Colby did their jobs. Abidde with a nasty dunk. We need to pick up a couple of wins against the Big 12 and SEC teams to be in contention for a at large bid.

Comment

• Here's another one for anyone having a debbie downer day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                They bless the rains down in Aaaafricaaa
                                Given recent posts, that is ......AWESOME! (Cue WstateU with a related GIF by the end of the day)

Comment

Working...
                                X