No announcement yet.

SAINT LOUIS (4-1) vs. WICHITA STATE (4-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 19 point surpass and a 19 rebound advantage. NICE!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Kenny ripped into Ridgnal for exactly that when he got that hooking call. he was looking for a cut from him.
      I saw that. KPs head was in the game tonight and he was more aggressive than I've ever seen him. Maybe he's been monitoring SN and decided to prove something. Whatever it was, it was definitely promising, but he needs to be aggressive every game.

Comment

• From my view more and quicker passing. Follow the shots crash the boards. More movement off ball. Lots of people watching the ball instead of moving. I would like to see improvement in these areas as I’m sure we all would. Overall good hustle and defense was better the second half. Refs sucked both halves. Germany looked decent and Joy plays just a tad fast. Overall I’ll take the win and let the film tell the tale. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          From my view more and quicker passing. Follow the shots crash the boards. More movement off ball. Lots of people watching the ball instead of moving. I would like to see improvement in these areas as I’m sure we all would. Overall good hustle and defense was better the second half. Refs sucked both halves. Germany looked decent and Joy plays just a tad fast. Overall I’ll take the win and let the film tell the tale. Go Shocks
          Early take on Joy:

When the game slows down for him, the rest of the players on the floor are going to have to speed up. He appears to have a gear that isn't available to a lot of players.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Great win!!!!’

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

His teammates need to start cutting to the basket to give him better opportunities to pass out of the double teams.
              This^

I am not sure if the lack of cutting is by design, but last year Kenny proved he can make the right pass if there is movement off the ball.

Comment

• Much better effort...... Great FT shooting....Still need that FVV style point guard......Nice win Shoxs!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Rebounding Leaders:

Pohto - 12
                  Ridgnal - 10 (WSU's version of Dennis Rodman?)
                  Abide - 5
                  Ighovocja - 5
                  I'm wondering if Joy and DR are leading our team in rebounds per minute played?
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Good game by the guys last night. It appears that they are responding to the coaching staff. Good minutes from Jacob and Joy. Ridgnal is a rebounding hound. Excellent late pick up for the Shocks. Kenny, X and Colby did their jobs. Abidde with a nasty dunk. We need to pick up a couple of wins against the Big 12 and SEC teams to be in contention for a at large bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                      Good game by the guys last night. It appears that they are responding to the coaching staff. Good minutes from Jacob and Joy. Ridgnal is a rebounding hound. Excellent late pick up for the Shocks. Kenny, X and Colby did their jobs. Abidde with a nasty dunk. We need to pick up a couple of wins against the Big 12 and SEC teams to be in contention for a at large bid.
                      my meter must not be workin

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

I'm wondering if Joy and DR are leading our team in rebounds per minute played?
                        Top defensive rebounding rates on the shockers per Bart Torvik:

Dalen Ridnal: 23.6
                        Quincy Ballard: 19.9
                        Kenny Pohto: 18
                        Joy Ighovodja: 17.9

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I like Fran, but no.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              Colby Rogers would have, without a shred of doubt, saved Isaac Brown's job last season.
                              with that, I think we should be happy he had to sit last year.

Comment

• I did not expect 5-1. Good for the team, program and Coach Mills!

I posed this question privately to a few elites, but if you stretch just a bit, the next 6 games can all be considered winnable. What's our record going into the Ku game?

5-7
                                6-6
                                7-5
                                8-4
                                9-3
                                10-2
                                11-1

(Full disclosure: I posed this to others prior to last night's game and I was between 8-4 & 7-5 and landed on 7-5).

Last edited by WuDrWu; November 20, 2023, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X