• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAINT LOUIS (4-1) vs. WICHITA STATE (4-1) Game Thread

Myrtle Beach Invitational
    Sunday, Nov. 19 | 7:00 p.m. CDT
    Conway, S.C. | HTC Center
    WICH -3.5

TV: ESPN2 (Rich Hollenberg & Daymeon Fishback)
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Bob Hull

OPENING TIPS
    • Wichita State closes the Myrtle Beach Invitational on Sunday in the third place game vs. Saint Louis at 7 p.m. on ESPN2.
    • A win would move the Shockers to 5-1 and would be the best start since 2019-20 when they started the season 6-0.
    • Wichita State is 23-41 all-time vs. Saint Louis, but the Shockers have won the last five meetings.
    • This is Wichita State's first appearance in the Myrtle Beach Invitational. The Shockers are 20-21 in Multi-Team Events since 2007 and 81-71 all time.
    • Wichita State is 3-2 all time when playing on Nov. 19.
    • Wichita State's 95 points against Friends were the most since the Shockers scored 102 against Prairie View A&M on Dec. 22, 2021.
    • Wichita State's three assists vs. Liberty tied the fewest in a game in school history (3 vs. Bradley, 1/11/1998).

SCOUTING SAINT LOUIS
    • Led by eighth year head coach Travis Ford, Saint Louis enters the matchup at 4-1. The Billikens won their Myrtle Beach Invitational opener vs. Wyoming, 79-69, but dropped their second game to Vermont, 78-68.
    • Ford has 137 wins in eight seasons at Saint Louis, third most in school history.
    • Through the first two games in Myrtle Beach Tim Dalger is averaging a team-best 13.5 points per game.
    • Sincere Parker dropped 22 in the win over Wyoming but did not play against Vermont. He averages a team-high 17.3 points per game this season.
    • Terrence Hargrove Jr. (14.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg), Gibson Jimerson (12.6 ppg) and Tim Dalger (11.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg) round out the double figure scorers for the Billikens.
    • Senior Gibson Jimerson was named to the Atlantic 10 Preseason All-Conference First Team. He was a second team all-conference selection a season ago.
    • Saint Louis was picked to finish 6th in the A-10 Preseason Coaches Poll.

ALL-TIME SERIES VS. SAINT LOUIS
    • Saint Louis leads the all-time series, 41-23 in a series that dates back to 1936.
    • From 1946 to 1954, Saint Louis won 16 straight matchups. The Billikens are 24-8 against the Shockers in St. Louis.
    • In 64 all time meetings, the two programs have never met on a neutral court until Sunday.
    • Wichita State enters the game having won the last five with the last matchup coming on Dec. 6, 2016 in Charles Koch Arena. Wichita State dominated that contest, winning by 30 behind a balanced scoring attack.
    • All but eight of the games between the two schools came as members of the Missouri Valley Conference.
    • From 2013-15, Ron Baker had the Billikens' number, scoring 54 points in three games, including 22 at Saint Louis in 2013.

A SHOCKER WIN WOULD...
    ... Make them 5-1 and would be the best start since 2019-20 when the Shockers started 6-0.
    ... Make them 4-2 all time on Nov. 19.
    ... Give Paul Mills 111 career coaching victories.
    ... Run their record to 1,662-1,246 all time.
    ... Make them 24-41 vs. Saint Louis all time.

Locked and loaded…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I know this is off-topic, but I’m watching the Cucks, waiting for the Shox and wondering if the Cucks watch their wives. I bet they do!

I was disappointed by the loss, but hoping we can knock off the Billikens and that the team learns something from yesterdays game (besides that we need a true PG).

Go Shox!

Comment

Koo Koo's been hittin' the sauce again!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

No, more like laughing gas. Had a dental procedure Friday, and I’m on antibiotics, so unfortunately, no.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
            No, more like laughing gas. Had a dental procedure Friday, and I’m on antibiotics, so unfortunately, no.
            Hahaha
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Glad Liberty won - I'll be watching and rooting for them throughout the season. They have a lot of game for an undersized team.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Glad Liberty won - I'll be watching and rooting for them throughout the season. They have a lot of game for an undersized team.
                I have a hard time rooting for teams that flop as much as they do

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I have a hard time rooting for teams that flop as much as they do
                  Flopping aside, I have no problem rooting for a team that creates a strategy and gets total buyin from their players to execute it.

Comment

Didn't realize Larry Hughes had a son playing.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We're a better team when Pohto is a focal point on offense.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

gettin up and down

Comment

Trying to watch our offense a little better. Rogers did kick out to Abidde, but hesitated before making the pass.

Comment

Fifi II excelling so far. Keep it up.

Comment

Good to see Pohto being active early

Comment

Working...
                              X