Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was so much worse than expected.

2nd half was absolutely embarrassing.

Both sides of the ball was just horrendous.

See you all Sunday
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• All we need is a couple sub six foot pestering guards that run around like gnats and shoots 3s. Apparently they can’t be stopped by 6’4” athletic studs.

Comment

• I apologize to anyone who's feelings I hurt with my emotional posts tonight.

Comment

• Truly, badly played. There were some good minutes…but nothing more than that. You saw what a real offense looks like tonight. You saw a team get out of its game (whatever that is) by a few bad first half calls. You saw a disciplined team against a team with no stability. Hope some lessons were learned…or else the wheels won’t even have enough air in them to fall off.

Comment

• Mills has his work cut out for him. Especially if Beverly is out for any length of time.

This game we were utterly unprepared and outcoached. There were no adjustments made. That combined with hero ball and, lack of effort on rebounding, and just bad BBIQ = a blowout. We have to find a way to do something besides whoever brings the ball up gets to drive the line and throw up a shot or get a Turnover.

3 assist on 24 made baskets
            16 Turnovers
            ended up equal on rebounds to a team that is drastically undersized.

About the only positive I can come up with is we shot FTs decent.

Comment

• Liberty had a good game plan. We did not. I am okay with the under control drives into the lane but PASS the fricking ball to the open man. We did not use our inside strength at all. Hopefully we can learn from this. We were definitely exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                Liberty had a good game plan. We did not. I am okay with the under control drives into the lane but PASS the fricking ball to the open man. We did not use our inside strength at all. Hopefully we can learn from this. We were definitely exposed.
                Did we throw a lob the entire game? Well i think we had one that was called off by an illegal screen but not sure i remember another. How do we have that big of size advantage and not find a single way to get a lob to a big man going down the lane or just down low.

Comment

• Was able to pinpoint 2 problems. 1. Offense 2. Defense
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Sure IB wasn’t our guest coach tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rize Ballz View Post
                      Sure IB wasn’t our guest coach tonight?
                      I couldn’t tell if the coaches were in attendance

Comment

• Seven players deep and no (true) PG was always going to lead to some stinkers; this one was beyond stinky.

I had liked what I had seen from the Shox before tonight. I’m going to try and remind myself to enjoy the little moments and wins as they happen this season, because the rebuild is in the early stages.

How they come back and adapt and grow from this is what will be telling; both players and coaches.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Embarrassing performance and the Mills offense exposed big time
                          That was anything but the Mills offense. That was a bunch of players not running the offense. Maybe they were tired. Maybe they just haven't come together well enough to maintain discipline when challenged the way they were tonight.

The part of the "Mills offense" I thought was missing was the kickout to open shooters when driving the lane doesn't result in a point blank shot. It seemed the guys driving the lane were focused on the basket and not on how the defense was adjusting to the drive and leaving vulnerabilities that could be exposed by good court vision and passing out of the lane to exploit those vulnerabilities. This was the first game this year where that was mandatory. There will be some "learning opportunities" when the film of this game is reviewed.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Absolutely pathetic ! If HCPM is going to allow that STYLE of basketball we are not only going to play losing ball but very boring ball. Liberty passed for open shots while we constantly dribbled into two and three man coverage. Coach has a lot of coaching to do. Very disappointed in Rogers shooting fade away baseline shots over a 5'9 guard. Our ball movement was non existent. Fools gold was an understatement if serious adjustments are not made. I am not as mad about losing as I am with our SELFISH streetball style.

Comment

• 18-3 in Assists. That speaks volumes.

Comment

• This doesn't diminish just how bad we were on offense, but defensively that Liberty team is virtually impossible to prepare for in 12 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X