No announcement yet.

Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching Wake Forest dismantle Miami in person this afternoon, I know exactly whose pod I hope we're in for the tournament. 1 seed, 2 seed, don't care...gimme the Canes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Lunardi's latest bracket has WSU as a 8 seed and Cu as a 9 seed. He lists WSU's stock as going up and Cu's as going down. He also lists Indiana St at the top of the list of the NEXT FOUR OUT.

I was shocked when I saw Lunardi's latest S curve. After beating Detroit, the Shocks DROPPED from #32 (8 seed) to #36 (9 seed). It is like Creighton loses and we get punished. He starts the bubble at #37, so he has WSU just one spot away from being on the bubble.

We keep winning and he keeps dropping us. I can assume that the only reason we keep dropping is that the value of our big wins has dropped as Creigthon and Indy St keep tanking (St. Louis's mauling of VCU and Memphis's beat down of So. Miss probably didn't help either).

BTW- Creighton dropped even more going from #33 (9 seed) to #41, which puts them solidly on the bubble (good side) and just 4 spots away from the last 4 in. .
      Last edited by shocker3; February 26, 2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Or because Lunardi is an idiot
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Or because Lunardi is an idiot
          +1
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Or because Lunardi is an idiot
            Apparently since he works for ESPN, what he says is gospel truth. He won't even be close to having a good bracket until the conference tourneys are all but done. Not until Selection Sunday will he have a good idea. Nor will anyone else for that matter.

Comment

• Agree that dropping a seed and trending down after a couple of good wins is BS. I routinely check out Lunardi's bracketology link on ESPN.com, but where's this S curve you speak of?
              Go Shocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
                Agree that dropping a seed and trending down after a couple of good wins is BS. I routinely check out Lunardi's bracketology link on ESPN.com, but where's this S curve you speak of?
                You have to be an espn insider: http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ege-basketball

It is also interesting that Indy St is #72 on the S curve and he still gives them a 35% chance of getting an at large bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                  You have to be an espn insider: http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ege-basketball

It is also interesting that Indy St is #72 on the S curve and he still gives them a 35% chance of getting an at large bid.
                  That is because he doesn't know and tries to cover every angle so that he can say he was right in the end.

Comment

• Lunardi has us as a 9 seed playing Missouri with Duke as our #1 seed.

Duke would be a good match-up for us.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Lunardi has us as a 9 seed playing Missouri with Duke as our #1 seed.

Duke would be a good match-up for us.
                      Missouri would be an excellent matchup for us as well...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• We were actually seeded higher at the end of our 3-game losing streak than we are now after winning 5 in a row, 2 of which were against Top 60 teams.

Makes perfect sense.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Warran Nolan has us as a 9 seed playing Cincinnati. Our 1 seed is KU.

It was updated on the 24th.

Comment

• If KU is our 1 seed, I will gladly accept an 8 or 9.....
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• After reading the last kenpom blog post where someone added the rpi and kenpom rankings together and found that those combined rankings where more accurate than any bracketologist, I did that for this year. Wichita St. is ranked 26th and Creighton 36th. Both appear to be in using this method. The cut-off line for getting into the tournament is usually around the 46-52 range depending on how many upsets there are in the conference tournaments. The next Valley teams are UNI and Indiana St. ranked at 67 and 68 respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                                After reading the last kenpom blog post where someone added the rpi and kenpom rankings together and found that those combined rankings where more accurate than any bracketologist, I did that for this year. Wichita St. is ranked 26th and Creighton 36th. Both appear to be in using this method. The cut-off line for getting into the tournament is usually around the 46-52 range depending on how many upsets there are in the conference tournaments. The next Valley teams are UNI and Indiana St. ranked at 67 and 68 respectively.
                                I read that too and thought it was pretty interesting. I agree with where it projects both WSU and CU at the moment- WSU as a 7, CU as 9/10. I think after this weekend we can move up another seed line on the RPI-KenPom S-Curve.

Comment

Working...
                                X