WICHITA STATE (3-0) at COASTAL CAROLINA (1-0) Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    The crowd was loud and supportive last night. We do travel well.
    I’m so glad to see this is still happening. There was a lot of black and yellow in the stands and the ESPN crew made a point to show it during the breaks. How many of the 1,417 in attendance were Shocker fans I wonder?

Comment

• Well the weather outside is warm and humid and not uncomfortable but inside it was cold. I dad a hoodie sweatshirt and was cold. The wife who can’t stand to wear a sweatshirt will wear one tonight. The athletes weight room was upstairs outside the gym so maybe they keep it comfy for the athletes but yes it was very chilly

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I’m so glad to see this is still happening. There was a lot of black and yellow in the stands and the ESPN crew made a point to show it during the breaks. How many of the 1,417 in attendance were Shocker fans I wonder?
        Pretty sure the attendance was tickets sold but 300 were loud Shocker fans. We did Wichita proud

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I have to say I am very happy to see Xavier Bell playing so well. He took quite a bit of criticism last year and no doubt he struggled most of the season although he did show improvement late in the season. Seems like a really fine young man from a good family with the added icing on the cake of being a local kid.

I thought he was excellent on his post game interview after the Coastal Carolina game. While I don't expect many stat lines like he put up against Coastal I hope he continues with the much improved level of play.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 17, 2023, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• He's a 'slasher.' Cornbread...

Comment

• Take aways:
                • Overall pleased with the win. Great team game and watching this team compared to last years team is night and freaking day.
                • Getting out rebounded by that team is a bad sign. The bigs lack of aggressiveness at times is alarming. Both on the offensive and defensive ends. Too many bunnies missed and guys out of position.
                • 11 assists, 5 steals to 6 TO's for the starting guards is very good, IMO. Would I love to have Abmas, yes, but he isn't walking through that door.
                • Bell's improvement continues to amaze me. He is a much more confident player than last year. He is likely to be the leader for this team.
                • Ridgnal looks like a steal at this point, especially so late in the recruiting cycle. The staff deserves some props for that.
                • The drive and basket by Beverly with 2:30 left in the second half was a complete work of art.
                • Abidde will be an effort and hustle guy all year for this team off the bench. He is earning his playing time with hard play and willingness to do the intangibles.

Comment

Working...
                X