WICHITA STATE (3-0) at COASTAL CAROLINA (1-0) Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
    Did y'all have a lot of transmission problems during the game - screen fragmenting, sound dropping out and so on? Just trying to see if it's Cox, just my cable, or what.
    No problems for me on HULU.

Comment

• Good pace and very entertaining game.

Comment

• Listened to most of it on the radio. Did Beverly foul a three point shooter three different times?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          We are about to hit a stretch that isn't hard to imagine some losses. But some on here said it's gonna be tough to get 9 wins on the season.

I have a hard time believing we won't find more than 5 wins the rest of the way.....lol
          I’m certainly one of those. After the mini scout of Coastal I was absolutely concerned about a 1-4 or 2-3 start (with a certain loss tomorrow against either team). Very happy with team’s start. There’s still zero margin for error, but as I’ve said, so far this is an easy team to support.

Comment

• Like others have posted, this team is much more fun to watch than previous seasons and that makes me happy. Tomorrow’s game will be interesting, I’m hopeful it won’t be a blowout.

I didn’t know Xavier Bell was named after Xavier McDaniel. His stat line tonight was almost an X-man stat line, but he’s got some stiffer competition coming up.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                Like others have posted, this team is much more fun to watch than previous seasons and that makes me happy. Tomorrow’s game will be interesting, I’m hopeful it won’t be a blowout.

I didn’t know Xavier Bell was named after Xavier McDaniel. His stat line tonight was almost an X-man stat line, but he’s got some stiffer competition coming up.
                Winner winner chicken dinner.
                Its win and nothing Is better than winning. However, looking ahead, better teams will be problem.
                Pohto shooting treys is a problem. If this continues, heartburn will follow.
                Just wondering where this would be if Ricks hadn't' packed his bags and Ridgnal didn't show up.
                Really glad Abidde didn't follow and stayed the course.

Anyhow having trouble thinking Ballard isn't Orupke 2.0?
                Offensive flow looks so much better. HCPM didn't need much time to improve on last years offense.
                Pohto is a needed component. But needs to eat some spinach.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Winner winner chicken dinner.
                      Its win and nothing Is better than winning. However, looking ahead, better teams will be problem.
                      Pohto shooting treys is a problem. If this continues, heartburn will follow.
                      Just wondering where this would be if Ricks hadn't' packed his bags and Ridgnal didn't show up.
                      Really glad Abidde didn't follow and stayed the course.

Anyhow having trouble thinking Ballard isn't Orupke 2.0?
                      Offensive flow looks so much better. HCPM didn't need much time to improve on last years offense.
                      Pohto is a needed component. But needs to eat some spinach.

That is all.
                      Ballard can catch the ball and pass the ball. He has some post moves. I think Orupke was more intimidating. They seem fairly even as shot blockers.

Pohto is hitting 36.4% of his 3's. That would have been the best % on the team two years ago - ahead of Etienne, Porter, Dennis, Council, and others. That's good enough that he has to be guarded on the perimeter, which gives Bell and Beverly better space for driving to the basket.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• While Bell's improvement is impressive, the improvement of Ballard and Abidde is off the charts. Last year Abidde was lost on both ends of the court. This year he's a stud. A 6'8" skywalker shooting 45.5% from 3 is a pretty rare player. Ridgnal is hitting 54.5% of his 3's. The two of them coming off the bench bring a lot of energy and are defensive matchup nightmares.

I think we were hoping Ballard could eat some minutes and give Pohto some time to rest. Mr. Ballard chose to disagree with that idea. Last year he looked like he belonged on the bench. This year he looks like he belongs on the court.

Perhaps we are seeing why Acy was a player development guy for an NBA team. Two guys looking like they're going to have break out years and both are working with a former NBA forward. then throw in that Bell is having a breakout year.

Mills has some rep for working with guards. Acy is going to have SERIOUS rep for working with posts. That could put Mills in a good recruiting position (and possibly retention).

The short bench is a problem this year, but you can bet that other coaches in the AAC are seeing what Mills is doing.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Team hung in and won with a Cush. Bell has improved big over last year. Been pretty impressive so far. KP big second half and along with Ballrd we have more than enough size to play against other big teams. I like our guards we seem to take a better grade of shots this year. ( coaching perhaps). Like Abbide and Raginal coming off the bench with some serious energy. Both really helping us win and playing important minutes. Need to develop another player or two because we know about players getting hurt or foul trouble. All in all I like what I’m seeing.

Comment

• This coaching staff is the most impressive thing about the team so far. Excellent development so far, just hope it continues and grows to the inside game as well.

Beverly has gotten a little abused on SN, and he may deserve some of it, but I saw someone compare him to Joe pleasant.......That is a joke if I ever heard one. Beverly has way more to work with.

Bell is doing great, but wish could find the open man when defenses collapse 2 or 3 guys on him in the lane. somebody should be cutting the baseline by the time he's 10 ft out from the hoop, and others should be posted up in their 3 point hot spots.....just find them a few times and the lane will start opening up.

Comment

• The crowd was loud and supportive last night. We do travel well. Proud of all that are here to share these times with. Sun is out for the first time since we got here so I hope that is a good omen. The team is playing like I hoped they would play like but it will be a long season and for all of the concerns that have been voiced. HCPM is a calming person on the sidelines and during breaks. I really like what he brings to the program. Tonight’s game will be tough and a win isn’t out of the question but our Shocks will have the fans to push them on. Go Shocks

Comment

• pogo what was the story with the local weather/gym conditions? They kept showing fans that appeared to be freezing inside, especially during the final game. Unusually cold or or did Iceburgh give the thermostat a hard turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X