Shocks vs Western Kentucky (11-9-23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Hard to take much from WKU's first game but it appears they play a lot of guys and may go at least 10 deep. They had 4 guys in double figures and several more with 8-9 points so they share the ball. I'm not sure we'll have the gas to play a full game against this team, going only 7-8 deep. If we can establish a nice lead we may be able to hang on, but I'm not feeling great about this one. I say Shox lose by 4.
    Blasphemy I say!

Shox 97 , Whatever they are's 42

Comment

Should be a close game. Shocks down five at half come back and win 78-73

Comment

Something to consider with Beverly. He had an injury two years ago and missed a lot of games. Coming back from that injury last year, he didn't get a lot of minutes. It's going to take some time getting him significant minutes before we know whether he's just got a lot of rust to knock off his game or whether the injury took him out of his ability to recover his earlier form.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Need to lengthen the bench or we're going to be running on empty in Myrtle Beach about halfway through Game 2.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            Need to lengthen the bench or we're going to be running on empty in Myrtle Beach about halfway through Game 2.
            Hope Henry the VIII (8th) is ready for some spot minutes...
            I'm not sure everyone gets the same commercial prior to the video, but

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe Jacob Germany will come off the bench and do what he did in his last game against WKU on 2/2/2023....

20 pts (6-14 fg.....8-9 ft) 13 rebs 1 assist 1 steal 1 block in 33 mins. 6-14 fg not amazing for a big man. But hey....it's something lol

Granted UTSA lost the game, but it wasn't cause of him it doesn't appear lol.

OK, he probably won't. But I think we will win this one by about 10 pts.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Mr Germany is going to surprise some of us this year. Give the guy a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                  He as already surprised me. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he may not be totally healthy.

Comment

I am giving him a chance. He may get there. I hope he does!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Comment

Open market ticket pricing is better than that

Comment

My favorite of all game scores:
                          MillsShockers: 78
                          Hilltoppers: 65

PS-This is my first SN score guesstimate. Wohoo!
                          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

After I missed the exhibition game score by just one point for each team I'm hesitant to take a shot, but I believe in 11 point Shocker wins.

I think more of the offense will be in place and the zone offense will have advanced.

Harvesters - 79
                            Hillbillies - 68

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How long has it been since we had a "It's gameday b******!"

I miss those days.

Comment

I know a lot of people weren’t impressed with his play the other night, but I thought he looked like he had good footwork.

He also has proven success at the D1 level, so I expect that to showcase more sooner than later.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X