Shockers vs Lipscomb (Monday, Nov 6th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

99% going to be missing all 3 of those scholarship players the entire year.
    If the kid from Oklahoma doesn’t have the grades at end of semester to eligible then he will never be. I don’t see how he can finish a full fall semester and still not be eligible unless he just can’t pass classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Lipscomb is about a 65' hail mary from finishing above .500 in the Valley. Translation for Kung: They. Ain't. Very. Good.
      I understood this post, because it wasn't some weird image with arabic and some obscure phrase pasted on it.

I did post that Lipscomb is closer to being Evansville than UNI, so we're in agreement.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

If the kid from Oklahoma doesn’t have the grades at end of semester to eligible then he will never be. I don’t see how he can finish a full fall semester and still not be eligible unless he just can’t pass classes.
        Gotta get him in the right classes; take a page out of North Carolina's playbook...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

This is covered in his thread in the recruiting forum.

It appears he was ineligible (due to spring grades) when he transferred from OU to WSU. That triggers an automatic one-year sitout. WSU appealed for an exception that was denied.

The fact that WSU is planning another appeal at the end of the semester leaves some hope that if he does well in the fall semester the NCAA may reconsider.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• As a few of you probably know I have a history of defending our centers. I loved AM and have been a KP fan from the start b/c he does a little of everything well. I am not down on Germany at all and believe he will be a contributor as time goes on. If Abidde cannot sustain the level of performance he showed last night Germany will get more PT and I think he will perform just fine. My biggest concern right now is still at PG and our ability to break presses, that and perimeter shooting. Had Rogers not gotten HOT and their stud on the bench that game would have been close. I am not in the camp that the Lips were that bad, afterall, they almost took Notre Dame down on the road with basically the same team last year and won 20 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I understood this post, because it wasn't some weird image with arabic and some obscure phrase pasted on it.

I did post that Lipscomb is closer to being Evansville than UNI, so we're in agreement.
              francis.jpg

Translation: Turn. Your. Meter. On...

You're not giving Evansville enough credit. That shouldn't need a translation.

Comment

francis.jpg

Oh no, back to the terribly executed meme attempts.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Oh no, back to the terribly executed meme attempts.
                  Oh Yes.

Look through the meme to the deeper message Kung; the meme is but an illusion. You can do it grasshopper...

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 7, 2023, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• sounds like Cortes pulled a Jarron Pierre and just didn't take school seriously. At least the NCAA is still cracking down on making progress toward graduation. I also think all the waiver denials will help slow the 2nd time transfers and help stabilize rosters at least a little.

As for the game, I'll take a 17 pt win all day long, especially in light of the roster and coaching changes. Plenty of good teams have lost to worse teams than Lipscomb already.
                    As for the players:
                    - Bell needs to work on the kickouts once he gets into the lane. His stop and pop mid range and floaters are much more effective than when he tries to take it too deep into traffic
                    - The zone was a problem for us, but a big issue was that Bell was on the bench when they made the switch. The personnel on the court weren't ready and it showed. Having no real backup PG is gonna be a problem.
                    - If there's ever a time for a walk-on to make a mark, it's this year. Don't laugh, but Henry Thengvall should be pushing for minutes at some point this year. Seems like a smart player and he knows how to play big from his HS days, and he can shoot the ball. Not saying he's the savior, but he could help save some legs.
                    - I too was disappointed in Germany. He was thinner than I was expecting. Seems like he has a feel for the basket but he's gonna get pushed around in the AAC. Too bad he's not an outside threat.
                    - Reserving judgement on Beverly till I see a few more games. I like his size and free throw shooting. Seems like he has some tools, gotta figure out his role.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I remember that play.

And that play and game set expectations to a very unrealistic level for the remainder of Smithson's tenure.
                      Perhaps unknowingly (to many at the time) it also pointed out what often occurs with new coaches, especially first timers ("at this level"):

Randy spent a lot of time working on that play, and a few sets. A ton in fact. There was little to no long term thought plan or formula. It was the here and now. And just like ABC said, expectations were not realistic (not just that play, but beating KSU in game 2 on the road was a much bigger deal obviously) and was a much larger example of Fool's gold as compared to last night's version.

And to be clear, I am not suggesting that HCPM is on a similar tract. Not at all.

Comment

Oh Yes.

Look through the meme to the deeper message Kung. The meme is but an illusion. You can do it grasshopper...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          Good start... How was the crowd?
                          Crowd was energetic, but small. Actual butts in seat seemed around 5,500 to 6,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Crowd was energetic, but small. Actual butts in seat seemed around 5,500 to 6,000.
                            Checked my apple watch, reported crowd noise at 119-122 db at times.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

francis.jpg

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X