No announcement yet.

Shockers vs Lipscomb (Monday, Nov 6th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very encouraging look tonight. I was pleased with the effort and outcome. We will continue to get better. Rebounding was outstanding. Shooting was ok except the 3 pt shooting was still poor. I am a buyer of PM stock.

Comment

• How does Lipscomb compare to Alcorn State?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• UAB has 3 of the top 10 Juco players
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Things to like:

General effort and enthusiasm. Bench vibe and demeanor has a much different look than past few years. It’s noticeable.

Colby Rogers. Dude is a dude, I don’t think there’s a doubt.

Rebounding. How many times did we get knocked around on the boards against **** teams.

Floor spacing. It makes a difference.

Don’t love:

Point guards. As someone who really does think it may not matter as much as others do… yeah it’s noticeable.

Not many assists. By product of point one

Fan support. I get it, but man it still depresses me.

Give it a B-

Comment

• Good effort tonight. Pretty balanced scoring. I was impressed by the rebounding and defense. Beverly is going to be a solid player for us. He did have some turnovers but I think that will improve. He hasn’t played much because of injuries. These guys are going to get better after playing together for a few games.

Comment

• My thoughts:
              Much better than Sunday. At least the first half. Second half was so-so and we struggled quite a bit especially with the zone. Lots to work on there.

Positives:
              Colby - Dude was REALLY good in the first half. Second half he was kinda forcing things a bit but still a really good showing. Nice to finally see it on the court.

Bell- Without a doubt the most improved year over year player so far. Looks really good. Still have my doubts that some of his drives and finishes will work against better competition, but I'm liking the growth. Still not a PG but he will have to be for us.

Ballard - Another Strong performance for him. He's probably going to struggle against the elite bigs we face but he will be good enough against the majority of the big men we see.

Abidde - Much better showing from Abidde. now to see if today was the outlier or Sunday was. Hopefully this is the new normal.

Coaching - After a pretty meh first game, really like some of the plays that were run from OOB. Still a lot to work on for the offense as it felt like they relied on 1 on 1 and backing people down a little too much. That wont work against the better teams

Neutral
              Ridgnal - Wasn't as good as he was on Sunday but still seems to have a lot of potential. Needs to lock in a bit on the defensive end but the motor and athleticism is there.

Pohto - Another meh showing for Kenny. Really only meh because I'm expecting a bunch from him. Almost a double double but really would have like to see him create more for others.

Bad
              Beverly - not a good showing for him. Forced a lot and handles weren't good.

Germany - Barely saw the floor and still didn't look like he belonged out there. For someone that was so hyped coming in he's very disappointing so far.

Overall, we took care of business of a bottom tier D1 team missing its best player. Still a lot of room for improvement but definitely looked better that the exhibition. Definitely concerned about the lack of PG or ball handler for this team. We folded the few times they pressured us. Also depth is going to be killer. Only 10 scholarship player, now with 1 redshirting, and Germany isn't a contributor at this point and Joy might not be either. Could see a lot of 7 players. I did enjoy us actually getting the ball across half court in less than 9.75 seconds though.

Comment

• A win, is a win, is a win. Go Yellow and Black...and Carolina Blue.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          Memphis up only 11. But Walton tearing it up....smh
                          Who is this Walton guy you speak of? Never heard of him.

Comment

• I think it was DrWu who said this game was fools gold. I agree. But There were some very nice things going on that are encouraging.
                            1- coaches are developing the players. Proof- Ballard, Abide, Bell.
                            2- the ball moved better than we've seen in the last few years. Still not great, but much better.
                            3- Athleticism is very high .

I think this style will attract players and fans
                            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; November 7, 2023, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• 1,968 likes, 11 comments - goshockersmbb on November 6, 2023: "The first of many. Congratulations on win No. 1, Coach!"
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm glad that Lipscomb was a cupcake compared to what I thought they would be. I don't think even UNI is a good comparison. This was more like Evansville. But we need a few games like this before the landmine schedule drops -- which is soon enough.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X