AAC Predictions For The Shockers This Coming Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I guess we’re assuming Kenny cannot improve like Jaime did.
    Athletically there's little similarities. KP has no vertical and has a finesse game. They're very different players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I guess we’re assuming Kenny cannot improve like Jaime did.
      Echenique had a lot more aggressiveness in his game. His stats in JuCo weren't terribly impressive, but he progressed a lot in his last two years. I give Pohto credit for some intangibles. He can play two positions. He's an excellent passer with good court vision. His % isn't what it needs to be, but he can hit some threes.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Those on here seem to range mostly between a 3rd to 8th place finish for our Shocks. Variables of the injury factors, Cortes eligibility, and how our depth develops are all to play a part. Lots of basketball left to play.

The coming tourney should be ideal for the Shocks to play in. In hopes we win 2 to 3 games there.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I remain one of the programs biggest fans dating back to the opening of the roundhouse but also a realist. It's no secret our assist/turnover rate ( 21-29 ) is terrible, as well as our perimeter shooting south of 27%, so I am not buying stock yet. Those two important areas have to improve for me to believe we will crack the top six.
          Last edited by asiseeit; November 12, 2023, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Lots of factors come into play for this season. Do they continue to improve both individually and as a team? Do we avoid injuries and or foul trouble. Do we find players that can contribute minutes at a time. Do we find a way to keep the 7 fresh the entire season. These will all play into the success or lack there of this season. Hoping for the best Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post

I assume you mean how the conference tourney will be setup. Im guessing top 2 seed get a bye, then rest will play in the first round
              I do, and my question was a bit tongue in cheek, but I'm seriously getting miffed. The AAC decided in LATE AUGUST that a volleyball tournament was just a little too much to deal with this fall. Now, I realize we lost 3 teams and added 6 but unless I miss my guess, the AAC offices and school admins knew this was going happen a few months ago (and by a few I mean like 17). Apparently, making a plan was just a little too much work so we'll just go with a regular season champion with a completely one sided scheduling setup. Also next year's tournament looks like it will be at SMU. DOPE!

Can't wait to see what happens in basketball....but I'll have to apparently.

Now it's literally basketball season and their own website doesn't have anything on the tournament. It would be nice to know...to plan a little...to keep track of where we are and where we might finish and how that affects our seeding, playing times (days) and opponents....and maybe just to NOT LOOK LIKE A SECOND RATE CONFERENCE with their collective heads up their asses.

Believe it or not (and it's probably just my naivete) but I suspect they already have the answer. If I'm wrong, unflipping believable and if I'm right, why not share? I also realize I'm the only one who cares, but baseball is roughly 60 days from starting spring practice and 90 days from first game and we don't know that post season tourney either. Something that is likely to affect 2 teams that won't make it...but again....I suppose they'll let us know by late April. Plenty of time.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; November 12, 2023, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• The latest AAC overall record so far that I found is 26-7. Lots of cupcakes we play early on but am hoping for some quality wins by Conference play.

UAB did beat Maryland 66-63 for a quality win.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    The latest AAC overall record so far that I found is 26-7. Lots of cupcakes we play early on but am hoping for some quality wins by Conference play.

UAB did beat Maryland 66-63 for a quality win.
                    Just nice to not be losing to too many cupcakes so far. Gotta at least beat the teams you SHOULD beat so it doesn't diminish the good wins!

It's one of the better starts by the American since we have joined.....well it seems like it anyway lol.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                      It's one of the better starts by the American since we have joined.....well it seems like it anyway lol.
                      We'll have a better feel for that once the NET rankings debut for the 2023-24 season. I think those will be out in about 3 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

We'll have a better feel for that once the NET rankings debut for the 2023-24 season. I think those will be out in about 3 weeks.
                        True, but I just mean in terms of strictly wins/losses. Feels like we have teams already drop a few turds by now in the past.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Biggest weakness so far is the bigs inability to finish at the hoop. Too many easy baskets missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Just nice to not be losing to too many cupcakes so far. Gotta at least beat the teams you SHOULD beat so it doesn't diminish the good wins!

Solid jinx.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Solid jinx.
                              Yeah.......smh......

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

You don't have to wait until the NCAA releases their net rankings. Warren Nolan has the net and updates them daily. WSU net is 112 with only Q3 and Q4 wins so far.

Wichita State Men's Basketball Schedule Scores & Stats | WarrenNolan.com

A victory against Liberty would be a good NET win (at least early in the process) - because the rankings are going to be fluid throughout december.

Comment

Working...
                                X