X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

FFS. @OldTakesExposed would have a field day with my lousy prognostications on this thread.

Your take was SPOT on. You might be the new Nostradamus.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What kind of help did we get for the board going from 8-3 to 8-11?
    FFS. @OldTakesExposed would have a field day with my lousy prognostications on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    KenPom is understandably missing the final two games in Myrtle Beach. Let's say for fits and giggles that we split those two games, making us 2-1 in Myrtle Beach. That would put us at 9-2 going into KC games.

Lord help this board if we go from 9-2 to 9-9. We have been pissy enough over the last 3+ years. Let's not keep adding to it.
    What kind of help did we get for the board going from 8-3 to 8-11?

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Our first 2 games are 2 teams that fall into the 3rd to 8th categories too. N. Texas lost their talented pg to K State and their coach moved on. If I recall they beat us last time we played them. Temple there is a toss up. If the Shocks could squeeze out a 2-0 start, it would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Some opinions on AAC Conference play.

FAU and Memphis have first 2 slots covered.

WSU will probably land between 5th to 8th. out of 14 teams. I'm sticking with my early 5th place prediction because this Season does not overwhelm me with the observance of the AAC Non Conference games.

With the addition of Cortes and DeGray, our depth chart will improve once we get the new recipe developed on team unity on minutes needed per player per game to be successful. Tulane, SMU, N. Texas, WSU, UAB, will all probably land somewhere between 3rd to 8th slots.

My main concerns are whether the dismal shooting % can be improved with more inside/ out play than we have been doing. Playing FAU and Memphis both twice is not good. The improvements of X. Bell and Q. Ballard are encouraging.

Our foes will be focusing defensively often on Colby Rogers who should still do real well in this Conference. Working our offense through Kenny P. Inside will be a key along with the right players shooting 3 pointers which is not our strength with this team. I still hope we spinkle in some strategic zone mixes which might help.

If the Shocks can improve to 10-8 this Season, keep all of our best players here next Season, and fill in the blanks with key portal players for next Season, watch out! The 2 high school player additions we added are impressive.

GO SHOCKS!!!

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Was glancing at AAC Conference team stats as we approach Conference play.

Good news. WSU Rebounds per game WSU 1st .412, blocks per game WSU 3rd at 4.7.

News: WSU FG% 9TH, 3pt. % 9th Ft% 9th assist per game 12th, steals per game 13th.

Ken Pom 1. FAU 10th. 2. Memphis 33rd. 3. SMU 52. 4, N. Tex. 5. Tulane 111. 6. WSU 117

Non Con Record WSU 6TH at 8-4 and the odds demand 8-5 after game with KU later today

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    FAU is cashing in on last year. Plus, their barn only seats 2900.

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    The Wichita State name must carry a fair amount of weight. Just finished watching FAU play Charleston. On a whim I decided to check ticket availability. Tickets for the WSU vs KU ballgame remain and start at $50. Tickets for the WSU vs FAU at their place remain, but start at $53. Yikes! I expect a raucous crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I thought KenPom was updated daily?
    It is. You didn’t specify that you were referring to KenPom. KenPom at this point in the season is a mix of preseason projections (which fall off gradually during the season) and this season’s results. Not just focused on one game where a team under or over performed.

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post

rankings only come out every Monday. That game was yesterday.
    I thought KenPom was updated daily?

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Update just now 18-12 regular season 1-1 at Ft Worth

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    I believe if we had Mizzou here or if their students are out for break we would be 4-2 Otherwise 3-3 and that's coming from a guy that the glass is always half full Go Shocks

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    how is KU at five when they just under performed by 30 points against the spread against a terrible eastern Illinois team?!
    rankings only come out every Monday. That game was yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    replied
    how is KU at five when they just under performed by 30 points against the spread against a terrible eastern Illinois team?!

Leave a comment:

• atlwsu
    replied
    Massey

Screenshot_20231129_130031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X