AAC Predictions For The Shockers This Coming Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

You don't have to wait until the NCAA releases their net rankings. Warren Nolan has the net and updates them daily. WSU net is 112 with only Q3 and Q4 wins so far.

Wichita State Men's Basketball Schedule Scores & Stats | WarrenNolan.com

A victory against Liberty would be a good NET win (at least early in the process) - because the rankings are going to be fluid throughout december.
    Are you sure that is not last year's final NET ranking?

At the top of the NET ranking page it states: NET Rank updated for games through MAR 12th. https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2024/net

If you check the 2023 NET rankings you will see that was Wichita State's final NET Ranking for 2023 was 112: https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2023/net

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Are you sure that is not last year's final NET ranking?

At the top of the NET ranking page it states: NET Rank updated for games through MAR 12th. https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2024/net

If you check the 2023 NET rankings you will see that was Wichita State's final NET Ranking for 2023 was 112: https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2023/net
      Yeah, I think you are right. I just assumed since it had a NET page up he was updating it. Looking back on twitter, his first NET ranking came out on 12/5.

CBS Sports does have their NET up, WSU is 110

College Basketball Rankings 2023-24 - NET - CBSSports.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yeah, I think you are right. I just assumed since it had a NET page up he was updating it. Looking back on twitter, his first NET ranking came out on 12/5.

CBS Sports does have their NET up, WSU is 110

College Basketball Rankings 2023-24 - NET - CBSSports.com
        Thanks. Still those very early season NETS don't mean a whole lot.

Comment

• Against our competitors so far, we are outrebounding them 10 per game, have 3 more turnovers , and 2-1/2 less assists per game. Shockers have made 45 steals against us and we have 29. Shocks have 3 more total blocks than our foes.

X. Bell leads us in assists and turnovers.

Colby Rogers leads us in minutes per game at 31.8, scoring, 3 pointers made and he finally missed a free throw and is .967%. Speaking of treys, Colby, DR, and Abidde lead us in 3pt. %.

DR. Leads us with 52 rebounds

Germany leads us in FG% at .556

Beverly leads us with 8 steals.

Quincy leads us in blocked shots.

Before the AAC CONFERENCE play begins, we will see how the Shocks rank versus the other teams stats which will point out strengths and weaknesses.

Each Conference race we play in results in injuries, surprises, foul trouble, and unknown challenges. By then, I'm hoping Cortes is back and the Shocks can play 10 deep when needed.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll bump here. We are entering the "find out" part of our schedule. Up until now we've looked better than I expected but its hard to tell because of quality of opponent. To Date we have beaten KenPom 169, 174, 183, 255, 300, and NR(Friends). We lost to KenPom 39.

Upcoming opponents current KP:

Richmond 79
            Missouri 92
            SDSU 132
            SIU 139
            KSU 41
            Kansas 5

My thoughts on what each possible outcome would mean

6-0: holy ****, I will personally find Paul Mills and apologize for ever doubting him
            5-1: Would be EXTREMELY nice, but going to be really tough but doable
            4-2: Still a really good showing and would be happy. 2nd most likely outcome IMO. Lose to KU, beat SIU/SDSU, go 2-1 vs Richmond/Mizzou/KSU
            3-3: Most Likely outcome. Same as 4-2 but going 1-2 vs Richmond/Mizzou/KSU
            2-4: Probably means we are in for a really rough conference year
            1-5 or 0-6: holy **** the wheels have fallen off .. very unlikely.

Curious what everyone else would predict for the next 6 games. I'm leaning towards 3-3. 4-2 becomes more likely if Cortes is Eligible for the KSU game and he's as hoped.

Comment

• What is the Shocks' KP ranking?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                What is the Shocks' KP ranking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll bump here. We are entering the "find out" part of our schedule. Up until now we've looked better than I expected but its hard to tell because of quality of opponent. To Date we have beaten KenPom 169, 174, 183, 255, 300, and NR(Friends). We lost to KenPom 39.

Upcoming opponents current KP:

Richmond 79
                  Missouri 92
                  SDSU 132
                  SIU 139
                  KSU 41
                  Kansas 5

My thoughts on what each possible outcome would mean

6-0: holy ****, I will personally find Paul Mills and apologize for ever doubting him
                  5-1: Would be EXTREMELY nice, but going to be really tough but doable
                  4-2: Still a really good showing and would be happy. 2nd most likely outcome IMO. Lose to KU, beat SIU/SDSU, go 2-1 vs Richmond/Mizzou/KSU
                  3-3: Most Likely outcome. Same as 4-2 but going 1-2 vs Richmond/Mizzou/KSU
                  2-4: Probably means we are in for a really rough conference year
                  1-5 or 0-6: holy **** the wheels have fallen off .. very unlikely.

Curious what everyone else would predict for the next 6 games. I'm leaning towards 3-3. 4-2 becomes more likely if Cortes is Eligible for the KSU game and he's as hoped.
                  3-3. Some think I'm a sunshine pumper. I try to keep a positive outlook on the season, but expectations change as the season progresses. With 4 of the next 6 not played in CKA, 2-4 could rear its ugly head.

I'm still optimistic about the entire season and about the future under Mills, but it's going to take more than optimism to compete and win games in the next 6.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Two to three wins over this stretch
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

3-3. Some think I'm a sunshine pumper. I try to keep a positive outlook on the season, but expectations change as the season progresses. With 4 of the next 6 not played in CKA, 2-4 could rear its ugly head.

I'm still optimistic about the entire season and about the future under Mills, but it's going to take more than optimism to compete and win games in the next 6.
                      Yeah agree. I think 3-3 is about right and what it will be. Anything else is completely gravy. 2-4 is pretty meh. Big stretch for this year's team no doubt.

Comment

• I’m going 4-2. This team is better than I thought they’d be.

Comment

• 3-3

Comment

• 3 or 4 wins
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• We have a long history of playing up to our opponents. I expect to have 6 close games with a loss to Missouri and ku. We spank the kittens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Thanks. So at this point KP would probably have the Shocks as the favorite in only 2 of the 6 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X