No announcement yet.

AAC Predictions For The Shockers This Coming Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm an opposing coach, and I see the opponents using their backup PG, I'm going to some sort of hard press immediately to test his decision making. So honestly, if HCPM can help Bell punish an opponent for full or 3/4 court pressing, then I don't see why he won't be a quality backup PG. And I believe that's exactly the type of thing HCPM is probably pretty good at.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hmmmm, look at our team assists to turnovers last season. Very poor even with CP and now he is gone. This is my biggest concern. If we are going to finish in the top five or six we will have to do MUCH better like close to 3-1. Next biggest concern is three point shooting. Need 2-3 guys north of 35% and at least 32% as a team. I am counting on good team defense which is key.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Hmmmm, look at our team assists to turnovers last season. Very poor even with CP and now he is gone. This is my biggest concern. If we are going to finish in the top five or six we will have to do MUCH better like close to 3-1. Next biggest concern is three point shooting. Need 2-3 guys north of 35% and at least 32% as a team. I am counting on good team defense which is key.
        3-1??? For a PG, anything better than 2-1 assists to TOs is good and acceptable. For a team, 2-1.5 A/T is good.

Fred had a great A/T ratio his 2nd and 4th year but was not 3-1 his 3rd year. Neither Fred nor Malcom was 2-1 the F4 year.

Comment

Ya, I was a little greedy. 2-1 would be very acceptable and a much needed improvement over last season.

Comment

Ya, I was a little greedy. 2-1 would be very acceptable and a much needed improvement over last season.
            A little greedy? Virginia led the NCAA at 1.84 last year. 1.30 put you in the Top 50. HCPM's ORU team was 1.56 which was 6th best in the nation.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketbal...rrent/team/474

The Shocks were at 1.06 last year putting them at 162 nationally, or right in the middle of the pack. However, there is no doubt HCPM will definitely want to improve on that.

For the first year, considering we have questions at point guard moving that up to 1.2 should put the Shocks in the top 100.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 26, 2023, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I’m in the ‘always shoot for the stars’ camp…
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Fred had a great A/T ratio his 2nd and 4th year but was not 3-1 his 3rd year.
                I think he was above 3.0 even his 3rd year, but your larger point still stands.

Comment

I'm sure I'm in the minority - but I can't help but question why FAU is projected conference winner. One final four season turns into a powerhouse now? Granted I don't have a clue who they lost or added, but I don't buy into the hype yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                    I'm sure I'm in the minority - but I can't help but question why FAU is projected conference winner. One final four season turns into a powerhouse now? Granted I don't have a clue who they lost or added, but I don't buy into the hype yet.
                    They didn't lose anyone. Or at least nobody of significance.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And they beat Memphis in the NCAA tournament last season. Memphis has some dudes coming in, but FAU has earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And that includes their head coach I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And that includes their head coach I believe.
                          True
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

our turnovers should go down quite a bit with the graduation of James Rojas (40 assists to 80 turnovers)

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think he was above 3.0 even his 3rd year, but your larger point still stands.
                              You are ...................CORRECT! 3.0588/1 to be more exact.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You are ...................CORRECT! 3.0588/1 to be more exact.
                                Wow almost 3 on the head. Crazy!

Comment

Working...
                                X