Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan
    replied
    you may be right, but on paper the ball handling does not look strong. At least past rosters had multiple guys with PG experience, like Sherfield and Burton together, or Gilbert and Porter, or Etienne and Porter. This group just makes me nervous because of so many unknowns with our ball handling skills. 2-5 positions look to be much improved.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Bell is probably as good a backup PG as any we've had since Armstead graduated. Fernandes had a lot of potential, but he either got run or didn't want to play here. Beverly looks to have a decent handle and Pohto has demonstrated passing skills and court vision.

If the standard for backup PG's is what we had behind FVV when he was here, then it would be hard for Ighovodja to be worse than that group.

Leave a comment:

• Smooth007
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
    They also named Colby Rogers to their second team all-AAC.
    If Colby had played last year, we would have won more games and not had a new coach. Somehow, the NCAA was looking out for us.

Leave a comment:

• Shoxing Me Softly
    replied
    I think BC will prove to be a fine PG.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    I am clueless this season, but I have high hopes for the following season. That could be a very interesting season indeed based on seniority and an additional recruiting season to close gaps where we are exposed.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    It’s all gonna come down to PG play for us. We have no clue what that’s gonna look like, but if XB is expected to play a significant role at the point, I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    I would take 10-8 this year

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    FSF top 8 picks in AAC.

1. FAU, best of the 3 Owls teams in AAC

2. Memphis, maybe the most talented team

3. Tulane

4. UAB

5. WSU 10-8

6. N. Texas State

7. E. Carolina

8. SMU

Leave a comment:

• kcshocker11
    replied
    I think we come in 3rd...

Leave a comment:

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied
    The Almanac, another CBB preview document put together by many contributors, picked the Shocks to finish 6th in the AAC for what it's worth. They also named Colby Rogers to their second team all-AAC lineup.

Their predicted AAC standings:
    1. FAU
    2. Memphis
    3. UAB
    4. Tulane
    5. North Texas
    6. Wichita State
    7. East Carolina
    8. Rice
    9. SMU
    10. Temple
    11. South Florida
    12. Charlotte
    13. Tulsa
    14. UTSA

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post

We've been thin at PG ever since Armstead graduated.
    That is true, but now we have...........well, one

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post

I like your optimism But as Doc pointed out we are very thin at the point.
    We've been thin at PG ever since Armstead graduated.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I'm sticking with top 4.

Pohto and Germany should be significantly better than Pohto and whoever was at the 4 last year. Rojas had some good games late, but he was fairly limited. Should have a significant upgrade at SG. Walton is hard to replace, but Beverly and Rignald should be adequate and probably have better attitudes. Downgrade at PG, but Cortes is a different type of PG than Porter and possibly a better passer with better court vision.

Coaching looks like a HUGE upgrade. Defense against the Shox shouldn't be "let them shoot 3's" this year.
    I like your optimism But as Doc pointed out we are very thin at the point.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    I'm sticking with top 4.

Pohto and Germany should be significantly better than Pohto and whoever was at the 4 last year. Rojas had some good games late, but he was fairly limited. Should have a significant upgrade at SG. Walton is hard to replace, but Beverly and Rignald should be adequate and probably have better attitudes. Downgrade at PG, but Cortes is a different type of PG than Porter and possibly a better passer with better court vision.

Coaching looks like a HUGE upgrade. Defense against the Shox shouldn't be "let them shoot 3's" this year.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    We're a high ankle sprain from not being able to handle D1 pressure, ball handling wise. I actually think we're capable of competing against most of the AAC (not FAU and Memphis) fairly successfully other than that point.

I will consider 7 conference wins very good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X