AAC Predictions For The Shockers This Coming Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Predictions For The Shockers This Coming Season

Is Lindy's Sports correct on picking the Shockers only 8th? Only Kenny Photo was mentioned to make the 3rd All Conference Team. The Shocker player they mentioned to "keep an eye on" was Jacob Germany. Brian Mull thought Paul Mills should restore the Shocks back to prominence in the ACC, but not overnight due to loosing 4 of our top 5 scorers.

Lindy's top 8 picks 1. FAU 2. Memphis 3. UAB 4. Tulane 5. N. Texas State 6. E. Carolina 7. SMU 8. WSU

Soon I will have my top 8. Who are yours??

Starters. 1. Pg. Cortes or Bell 2. Colby Rogers 3. H. Beverly 4. KP 5. J. Germany
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I would project 4-5th. Possible NIT

Comment

We're a high ankle sprain from not being able to handle D1 pressure, ball handling wise. I actually think we're capable of competing against most of the AAC (not FAU and Memphis) fairly successfully other than that point.

I will consider 7 conference wins very good.

Comment

I'm sticking with top 4.

Pohto and Germany should be significantly better than Pohto and whoever was at the 4 last year. Rojas had some good games late, but he was fairly limited. Should have a significant upgrade at SG. Walton is hard to replace, but Beverly and Rignald should be adequate and probably have better attitudes. Downgrade at PG, but Cortes is a different type of PG than Porter and possibly a better passer with better court vision.

Coaching looks like a HUGE upgrade. Defense against the Shox shouldn't be "let them shoot 3's" this year.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I'm sticking with top 4.

Pohto and Germany should be significantly better than Pohto and whoever was at the 4 last year. Rojas had some good games late, but he was fairly limited. Should have a significant upgrade at SG. Walton is hard to replace, but Beverly and Rignald should be adequate and probably have better attitudes. Downgrade at PG, but Cortes is a different type of PG than Porter and possibly a better passer with better court vision.

Coaching looks like a HUGE upgrade. Defense against the Shox shouldn't be "let them shoot 3's" this year.
          I like your optimism But as Doc pointed out we are very thin at the point.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

I like your optimism But as Doc pointed out we are very thin at the point.
            We've been thin at PG ever since Armstead graduated.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

We've been thin at PG ever since Armstead graduated.
              That is true, but now we have...........well, one

Comment

The Almanac, another CBB preview document put together by many contributors, picked the Shocks to finish 6th in the AAC for what it's worth. They also named Colby Rogers to their second team all-AAC lineup.

Their predicted AAC standings:
                1. FAU
                2. Memphis
                3. UAB
                4. Tulane
                5. North Texas
                6. Wichita State
                7. East Carolina
                8. Rice
                9. SMU
                10. Temple
                11. South Florida
                12. Charlotte
                13. Tulsa
                14. UTSA

Comment

I think we come in 3rd...
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

FSF top 8 picks in AAC.

1. FAU, best of the 3 Owls teams in AAC

2. Memphis, maybe the most talented team

3. Tulane

4. UAB

5. WSU 10-8

6. N. Texas State

7. E. Carolina

8. SMU
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I would take 10-8 this year

Comment

It’s all gonna come down to PG play for us. We have no clue what that’s gonna look like, but if XB is expected to play a significant role at the point, I am concerned.

Comment

I am clueless this season, but I have high hopes for the following season. That could be a very interesting season indeed based on seniority and an additional recruiting season to close gaps where we are exposed.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think BC will prove to be a fine PG.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              They also named Colby Rogers to their second team all-AAC.
                              If Colby had played last year, we would have won more games and not had a new coach. Somehow, the NCAA was looking out for us.
                              Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Working...
                              X