No announcement yet.

2023 Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This does look pretty excellent. Not gonna lie though, I was interested in the drone show idea lol!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      So a couple things different this year from last year and perhaps previous year's Shocker Madness events. It is scheduled 20 days earlier than last year and is scheduled for a Saturday.

Apparently, it is also being billed as a signature event of Shocktoberfest this year.

On Friday, October 6th at 6:00 pm they will have the Shocktoberfest Parade followed by a Patio Party in Braeburn Square.

Parade for the Decades
      Friday, Oct. 6 | 6 p.m.
      Cost: Free
      Everyone is invited to attend the 2023 Shocktoberfest Parade, the highlight of the weeklong celebration of Shocker spirit and pride. Participants will enjoy entertainment from the Shocker Sound Machine marching band, dance teams, and decorated cars and floats from student groups and community members. This year’s parade marshal is President Rick Muma and First Gentleman Rick Case.

Patio Party
      Friday, Oct. 6 | 6:30 p.m.
      Braeburn Square
      After you’ve seen the parade, meet up at Braeburn Square for the Shocktoberfest Patio Party. This casual and fun-filled gathering promises an unforgettable evening to connect with Shocker Nation. Enjoy food, drinks, giveaways and live music from Wichita's premier party band, The Source.

On Saturday, October 7th their are several athletic events:

Shocker Volleyball v. Temple
      Friday, Oct. 6 | 7 p.m.
      Charles Koch Arena
      Cost: Varies (free to Students with WSU ID
      Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Volleyball at the box office. Student organizations are encouraged to attend and participate in the attendance competition. Participating Spirit Competition teams will also receive points for participation.

Looks like your would have time to attend the parade and then you could either attend the Patio Party or take in the Volleyball match.

On Saturday, October 7th there are several athletic events:

Shocker Softball v. Emporia State
      Saturday, Oct. 7 | Noon
      Howard Wilkins Stadium

Cost: $5; Free to Students with WSU ID
      Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Softball at the Wilkins Stadium Box Office. The community can purchase tickets for only $5 at the gate (cash or check only).

Shocker Baseball Intrasquad Scrimmage
      Saturday, Oct. 7 | 1 p.m.
      Eck Stadium
      Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Baseball at the Eck Stadium Box Office. The community can purchase tickets for only $5 at the gate (cash or check only).

Shocker Madness
      Saturday, Oct. 7 | 6 p.m.
      Koch Arena
      Fans are invited to a free evening of fun at Charles Koch Arena and a sneak preview of the WSU men's and women's basketball teams at WSU's annual Shocker Madness season kickoff event. The event will also include announcements for individual Shocktoberfest awards and the winning team over the overall trophy. Shocker Madness is a signature event of Shocktoberfest.

On Sunday, October 8th you can take in:

Shocker Softball v. South Dakota State
      Sunday, Oct. 8 | Noon
      C. Howard Wilkins Stadium
      Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Softball at the Wilkins Stadium Box Office. The community can purchase tickets for only $5 at the gate (cash or check only).

Shocker Volleyball v. South Florida
      Sunday, Oct. 8 | 1 p.m.
      Charles Koch Arena
      Cost: Varies (free to Students with WSU ID
      Students can pick-up free tickets to Shocker Volleyball at the box office. The community is invited to take advantage of our Wichita Eagle Family Day Ticket Bundle that includes 4 tickets and vouchers for 4 hotdogs, 4 popcorns, and 4 small drinks all for only $32.

I'm thinking it is not coincidental that Shocker Madness has been moved up to fit into Shocktoberfest week. Perhaps including the announcements for Shocktoberfest awards might be an attempt to bring out more students to this event.
      Seems I wasn’t that far off the mark after all.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I believe the start of team practices for the Shocker Men is next Monday, September 25th. So they have about 10 team practice days prior to Shocker Madness. Fortunately, they had the extra practices related to the Greek trip. Looking forward to getting a first look at Jacob Germany and Bijan Cortes who were unable to play in Greece.

The Shocker women open their regular season on the same day as the men so the start to their team practices will be identical to the men as well.

17.4.2 Preseason Practice -- On-Court Practice. An institution shall not commence on-court preseason basketball practice sessions before the date that is 42 days before the date of the institution's first regular-season contest. An institution shall not engage in more than 30 days of countable athletically related activities before its first regular-season contest. Any countable athletically related activities (e.g., conditioning, skill-related instruction) that occur within the 42-day period shall count against the 30 days of countable athletically related activities.

Comment

Details Announced for Shocker Madness on Oct. 7

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/9/1...-on-oct-7.aspx

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
          5:00pm - WuShock's Birthday Party on the concourse (75th Birthday I think)
          6:00pm - On court festivities begin with a performance by the Shocker Sound Machine
          Performances by Wichita State Cheer & Dance
          Introduction of all Shocker Athletic Teams
          Announcement of Shocktoberfest Week Winners
          Extended Men's & Women's Basketball Scrimmages
          $10,000 Halfcourt Shot Giveaway presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
          Live Set by DJ 4 The Win
          Tech N9ne Performance (Hip Hop Artist)

Can't say I am a big hip hop fan but I'll hang around for that. John Denver is more my style but I'm open to expand my music appreciation.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 19, 2023, 04:49 PM.

Comment

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
            5:00pm - WuShock's Birthday Party on the concourse
            6:00pm - On court festivities begin with a performance by the Shocker Sound Machine
            Live Set by DJ 4 The Win
            That's a heck of a get and definitely something different. I know many on here may not care for that style of music, but Tech N9ne is a fantastic rapper out of KC.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
              5:00pm - WuShock's Birthday Party on the concourse (75th Birthday I think)
              Live Set by DJ 4 The Win

Can't say I am a big hip hop fan but I'll hang around for that. John Denver is more my style but I'm open to expand my music appreciation.
              Again, the “give a sh*t” factor between new AD and old AD could not possibly be more crystal clear. The difference is black and white, at least with respect to fan outreach and engagement. Major props to ADKS for in fact giving a sh*t.

How did Boatright keep his job for as long as he did? I think we’re still figuring out how big of a hole he left is in while collecting a sizable paycheck. What an empty suit.

Comment

Pretty cool tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

How did Boatright keep his job for as long as he did? I think we’re still figuring out how big of a hole he left is in while collecting a sizable paycheck. What an empty suit.
                  Gregg Marshall

Comment

So, what’s everyone favorite Tech n9ne rap?

I’ll go first, ….uhhh…I’ll get back on that, so many choices…

Comment

My 30-something aged kids are stoked. We do need to eventually need to replace us blue hairs and this probably fits the demographic target, right?

Actual plus is that will have to be a great recruiting opportunity.

Comment

Y'all have fun now, y'hear?

Of course I hope it's well attended and brings in new Shocker fans.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                          My 30-something aged kids are stoked. We do need to eventually need to replace us blue hairs and this probably fits the demographic target, right?

This is was my first reaction. Great for recruiting, but the fanbase that actually shows up doesn't likely care about him or will even remotely like him. The fanbase that doesn't exist does. So It's definitely a play to bring in new fans.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Delay in billboards

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Tough call but I’m going with ‘Pull Out’ and the decisions be mines

Comment

I don’t know Tech n9ne from Adam Ant, but if this helps introduce a new and energetic younger generation to basketball games, great idea.

P.S. 40 years ago, Adam Ant would have been pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X